Level of education: Master programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
Language of instruction: English and Russian
Main academic courses
- Real Estate as an Object of Civil Rights
- Real Estate Development and City Planning Legislation
- Title to Real Estate (Cadastral Register, Real Estate Property Registry) and Latin Notary System.
- Real Estate Contracts
- Real Estate and Legal Protection of Cultural Heritage Sites
- Real Estate Tax
- Judicial Remedies for Real Estate Market Participants
- Land Law and Restrictions on Land Ownership
- The master's programme ‘Real-estate Lawyer’ has fundamental theoretical training based on the latest research in the theory of civil, tax, land, urban planning law and civil proceedings. This is combined with knowledge of legal precedents in the current legislation in the relevant sectors.
- An applied approach to the training focuses on solving practical problems. It makes it possible to develop entrepreneurial support skills. The requirements are taken into account of all the above branches of legislation and methods for assessing the risks of entrepreneurial activities in the field of real estate turnover. The academic staff uses cutting-edge teaching methods such as: information technology; case studies; role-playing; and business games.
- The training is focused on the analysis of law enforcement practice in order to develop various options for solving challenges of applying the law.
- The academic programme has been designed taking into account the views of employers on the correlation of graduates’ competencies and job functions in their professional activities.
Main areas of research
- Analysis of various doctrinal approaches to the definition of real estate
- The correlation of restrictions on turnover and restrictions on the use of real estate
- The limits of influence of public law on real estate turnover
- Proprietary rights of possession, use and disposal, and rights and obligations to use real estate
The programme is designed to train specialists with the necessary skills and competencies for the professional activities of a real-estate lawyer. They will be competitive in Russian and international labour markets.
Graduates of the programme are capable of: applying their knowledge and skills in practice; providing advice; and representing the interests of participants in arbitration, administrative, and criminal proceedings in cases related to the application of legislation in the field of real estate turnover.
Organisations where our graduates work
- Government of St Petersburg
- St Petersburg Notary Chamber
- St Petersburg Chamber of Lawyers
- “Vodokanal of St. Petersburg”
- “Centre for Construction Auditing and Support”
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.