Level of education: Master programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
Language of instruction: English and Russian
Main academic courses
- Sports Administration Pyramid: European and American Models of Sports Organisation
- Regulation of Labour and Social Protection of Sportsmen and Coaches in Russia
- Organisation of Official Sports Events: Russian Legislation and Regulatory Documents of the Federations
- Dispute Resolution in Sports
- Disciplinary Disputes in Sports
- Disputes Resulting from the Conduct of Spectators at Sports Events
- Financing and Taxation of Sports in Russia
- Intellectual Property Rights in Sport
- University of Hamburg (Germany)
- Free University of Berlin (Germany)
- Peking University (China)
- The practices of the best world master's programmes in sports law are used.
- The programme is designed and implemented in collaboration with leading employers in the field of sports. The learning process is planned taking into account the logic of area of study for each semester.
- There are agreements with relevant partner organisations for internships.
Special knowledge, skills and abilities of graduates
- Preparation of opinions on legal issues arising in the activities of subjects in the field of physical training and sports; and monitoring the compliance of the above activities with the requirements of the current legislation and regulatory documents of sports federations and leagues.
- Preparation of documents required for the sports club to undergo licencing procedure in compliance with the requirements of regulatory documents of sports federations and leagues. Preparation of documents and other actions necessary for the application of athletes and the coaching and administrative staff of the club in order to ensure their participation in official competitions.
- Carrying out legal examination and development by subjects of internal regulatory documents in the field of physical training and sports; concluding by subjects of agreements in the field of physical training and sports.
- Representing the interests of subjects in the field of physical training and sports in: government agencies; sports federations; leagues; clubs; sports schools; sports agencies; and other sports organisations.
- Conducting claims work, representing in courts the jurisdictional bodies of sports federations and leagues, and arbitration institutions on behalf of entities in the field of physical training and sports.
Organisations where our graduates work
- Football Club Zenit
- Legislative Assembly of Leningrad Oblast
- Legislative Assembly of St Petersburg
- Committee for Physical Culture and Sports of St Petersburg
- Ernst & Young (SNG) (St Petersburg office)
- Pepeliaev Group
- Lawyers in relevant public agencies (e.g. The Committee for Physical Culture and Sports of St Petersburg)
- Lawyers in companies providing legal support and consulting on sports
- Lawyers in sports federations and leagues
- Lawyers of sports clubs
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.