Level of education: Master’s programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
Language of instruction: English and Russian
Main academic courses
- Big Data in the Studies of Political Processes
- Negotiations in the Field of Politics
- Information and Analytical Support of Political and Election Campaigns
- Study of Political Risks
- Critical Discourse Analysis in the Study of Political Processes
- Linear and Nonlinear Models of the Political Process
- The Method of Gaming Modelling in the Study of Political Processes
- Methodology of Contemporary Empirical Political Studies
- Methods of Political Design, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Multivariate Statistical Analysis of Political Data
- Political Resocialisation in the Digital Environment
- Political Analysis of Protest Forms of Civic Participation
- Forecasting Modelling in SPSS and R Programmes
- Forecasts as an Element of Public Opinion Management in Politics
- Contemporary Information Politics
- Contemporary Software for Research in Politics
- Modern Political Consulting
- Strategic Analysis and Management of Political Conflicts
- Scenario Methods in Political Forecasting
- Management of Research Projects in Political Science
- Focus-Group Research in Political Advertising
- Students will get acquainted with state-of-the-art software for research in the field of politics, and master skills in advanced data processing programmes. They will also have training in: multivariate statistical analysis of political science data; predictive modelling; development of linear and non-linear models of the political process; and big data technologies.
- The programme provides detailed study of: scenario methods and the game modelling method for researching political processes; and methods of political design, monitoring and evaluation. In the field of applied political analytics, students will get acquainted with: the methods of strategic analysis and political conflict management; best practices for modern political consulting and political negotiations; and the norms of information and analytical support of political and election campaigns.
- To ensure their systemic knowledge in political analytics, students will study: current trends in the methodology of modern empirical political research; and the requirements for managing research projects in political science.
- A number of training courses will be focused on field-specific aspects of the professional activity of a modern political analyst. This will make it possible for graduates to be successful in the labour market. These aspects include: acquiring critical discourse analysis skills in the study of political processes; conducting focus group research in political advertising; researching political risks; political analysis of protest forms of civic participation; and using prognostic information as an element of public opinion management in politics.
Main areas of research
- Technologies for analysis in politics
- Applied conflict resolution technologies
- Negotiation policy
- Information policy
The programme provides training for new generation specialists who are able to work productively in a modern information environment, and professionally combine managerial, analytical and technological skills.
Graduates of the programme will be able to participate in the preparation and implementation of various projects of both government agencies and analytical and information centres.
Organisations where our graduates work:
- Federal and regional research centres
- Government structures
- Administrative offices of political parties and public policy associations
- Local government
- Russian and foreign media
- Political analyst
- Political expert
- Parliamentary assistant
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.