Level of education: Master’s programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
Language of instruction: Russian
Main academic courses
- Visual Rhetoric in Branding
- Communication Design Practice
- Contemporary Design
- Digital Technology: Animation and 3D Modelling
- UX Design Methodology in Designing a Digital Product
- VR/AR Imaging Technologies
- Video Art
- Fundamentals of Storytelling and Infotainment of Visual Communications
- Media Product in the Digital Environment
- Media Art
- Digital Promotion Tools and Digital Advertising
- Advertising Campaign Organisation
- Producing a Visual Project
- Project Management
- The academic programme ‘Visual Communications in Journalism and Advertising’ is designed for university graduates with specialist’s and bachelor’s degrees who are interested in continuing their education and acquiring professional skills in the field of development, implementation and management of visual products. The specific features of multi-purpose media and various communication ecosystems in the modern digital society will be taken into account.
- The academic programme provides courses that make it possible for students to develop competencies that help them to be successful in the media and advertising communications market in: art direction; creative supervision; media design; and other professional areas of visual communication. This demonstrates the demand and potential of the programme with regard to prospective employment of programme graduates.
- The programme also defines the main areas of teaching and research activities of students in visual communications. This makes it possible to broaden their horizons of scientific media knowledge.
- The training provides an opportunity for each master’s student to develop an individual educational path in the professional field of visual communications. Their interests and the objectives of the labour market are taken into account.
- High-tech professional centres, professional activity sites, and extensive contacts with Russian and foreign partners in the field of visual communications will make it possible for the full potential of each master’s student to be unlocked.
- The Free University of Berlin (Germany)
- TU Dortmund University (Germany)
- Volda University College (Norway)
- Beijing International Studies University (China)
- Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań (Poland)
- George Mason University (USA)
Main areas of research
- Outlook study of creative solutions to strategic objectives
- Development of the professional journalistic environment in visual communications: international practices and local features
- Art-direction in the media business
- Stages of developing a creative and original media product
- Visual product in the media: features of its creation and promotion
- Organisation of promotion of a visual product in the media market
- Performance evaluation of information, communication and technology platforms
- Professional and creative aspects of journalism
- Conceptual approaches to visual advertising
- Audience targeting: approaches and technological solutions
- Perception of a visual advertising product by the generational type of target audience
- Psychological and sociological components of a visual advertising product
- Legal and ethical regulation of advertising
- VR/AR imaging technologies and their role in the advertising campaign
The academic programme ‘Visual Communications in Journalism and Advertising’ is designed to train multi-skilled specialists in visual communications. They will be able to: generate creative ideas; manage their project team; and be in charge of the artistic direction of a media project or advertising campaign.
After training, graduates can create as a designer, and think and make decisions as an art director, creative director, or producer. The platforms for their activities include: media (television, print media, digital media); event spaces; and advertising campaigns.
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.