Level of education: Master’s programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
Language of instruction: Russian
Main academic courses
- History of Russian and Foreign Literature
- Theories of Russian and Foreign Literature
- Creative Workshops by Famous Russian Writers
- The academic programme ‘Creative Writing’ is designed to train multiskilled specialists: literary workers with literary skills who are able to set and solve artistic objectives. Students will learn fundamental technical literary techniques necessary for writing author’s or genre literature and acquire knowledge related to practical stylistics. Additionally, students will learn to feel familiar with the modern literary process and master the competencies necessary for successful work in areas related to literature.
- The master's programme provides students with a unique opportunity to acquire: practical skills needed in literary activity; and literary editing and literary critical skills. Additionally, students will be able to acquire or deepen theoretical knowledge in the history and theory of literature, as well as literary criticism.
Main areas of research
- Practical skills of creative writing
- Fundamentals of literary editing
- Literary studies: practical and theoretical stylistics; trends in modern Russian prose; the theory of literature
- Graduates will acquire fundamental skills necessary for literary activities and will be able to fulfil themselves as authors of literary works.
- Graduates will acquire literary editing skills and will be able to work as literary editors.
- The programme will make it possible for graduates to fulfil themselves in the field of literary criticism or literary studies, focused on the research into the modern literary process.
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.