Level of education: Master programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
Language of instruction: Russian
- Algebraic Problem of Eigenvalues
- High-Performance Computing and Paralleling
- Parallel and Distributed Computing
- Computer Methods of Convex Programming
- Fundamentals of Multibody Dynamics
- Graph Theory
- Artificial Intelligence
- Mathematical Modelling of Cybernetic and Robotic Systems
- Introduction to Cybernetic System Theory
- Frequency Methods of Nonlinear System Analysis
- Computer Vision Algorithms
- Autonomous Navigation and Robot Movement Control
- Machine Learning
- Robot Programming
- Artificial Neural Networks and Big Data Processing
- Research Project
- Practical Training (Research Project)
- Mathematical modelling to build and analyse controlled and uncontrolled dynamic systems is currently an actively developing field of applied mathematics and computer science. It opens up unlimited opportunities for students and graduates to take part in research. They can present their results in top-ranked Russian and foreign academic journals and at international conferences.
- Work on high-performance computing equipment opens up an opportunity for students to take an active part in the development of the national system of IT education.
- The fundamental training is in line with the traditions of the St Petersburg school of mathematics. It makes it possible for graduates to apply reasonably methods of applied mathematics and computer technology for creating, analysing and using: mathematical models of controlled processes and dynamic objects, as well as statistical models. These models can solve problems of science, technology, biology, economics and management.
Practical training and career opportunities
The programme is designed to train specialists involved in theoretical and practical activities in the application of mathematical methods and computer technologies in various fields of applied mathematics and informatics.
Graduates are ready for various research and teaching activities in research centres, research and production enterprises, business companies, universities and many other organisations.
- Analyst programmer
- Educator (educational activities in the field of preschool, primary general, compulsory, secondary general education)
- Teacher of additional education for children and adults
- Teacher of professional training, vocational education, and lifelong professional education and training
- IT system technician
- IT project manager
- Software developer
Organisations where our graduates work
- The Institute for Problems in Mechanical Engineering of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- Group of companies ‘Transas’
- Group of companies ‘Geoscan’
- Universities in the USA, France, the Netherlands, and Australia
- Dell EMC
- ZAO Digital Design
- OOO Lanit-Tercom
- Oracle Corporation
- Defence companies
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.