Level of education: Aspirantura programme
Type of instruction : Full-time
Duration: 3 years
Language of instruction: Russian
Main academic courses
- Modern Issues of Psychosomatics and Psychology of Corporeity
- Modern Issues of Experimental Psychophysiology
- Foreign Language
- Computer Science
- History and Philosophy of Science
- Mathematical Methods
- Medical Psychology
- Research Methodology and Design in Clinical Psychology
- Pedagogics and Psychology of Higher Education
- Psychological Aid for Families of Children with Special Needs
- Psychology of Orphans with Special Needs
Resource opportunities for research
- The Laboratory of Psychophysiology (electroencephalographs, eye-trackers, telemetric cardiorhythmography)
- The Laboratory for Interdisciplinary Studies of Early Childhood
- The Laboratory of Behavioural Neurodynamics
- Psychiatric hospitals, psychoneurological clinics; narcological clinics; rehabilitation centres; multifield hospitals of the St Petersburg "V.M. Bekhterev National Research Medical Centre for Psychiatry and Neurology", S.M. Kirov Military Medical Academy, Petrov Research Institute of Oncology, I.I. Dzhanelidze Research Institute of Emergency Medicine, The Turner Research Institute for Children's Orthopaedics; as well as Children's Rehabilitation Centre of Orthopaedics and Traumatology; a diagnostic and rehabilitation centre for autistic children; district medical, psychological and educational centres of St Petersburg
- The M. Gorky Scientific Library of St Petersburg University
- Access to the university network of academic journal databases (including foreign ones) in their area of study
- Access to world information resources: Elsevier (Science Direct platform), the Digital Dissertation Library, EBSCO and others
- The programme is focused on the fundamental comprehensive and top-quality training of highly qualified academic and teaching staff in clinical psychology. It is in accordance with their chosen individual learning path in psychophysiology and medical psychology.
- The programme includes: an in-depth study and the skills of professional activity in various areas of clinical psychology (pathopsychology, neuropsychology, psychology of patients with somatic disorders, prevention of mental maladjustment, mental health and the formation of a healthy lifestyle); mastering research methods in clinical psychology; and the theory and practice of psychological intervention when working with various groups of patients (children and adults), people with borderline mental disorders, as well as with a healthy population.
- The content of the programme provides: the development of abilities to conduct research and implement research projects (independent setting of objectives for scientific psychological research, its planning, conducting and presenting its results); acquiring advanced research methods and technologies in their field of study; and developing skills in academic and teaching activities.
- Graduates of the programme are highly professional experts who are able to: critically analyse and evaluate modern scientific achievements in the field of clinical psychology; generate new ideas in solving research and practical psychological problems in the field of clinical and preventive medicine and health care. This includes: problems of psychological diagnosis in the clinic; psychological support of the treatment process; optimisation of the quality of life and social rehabilitation of patients; as well as primary, secondary and tertiary psychoprophylaxis, mobilisation of the psychological resources of the individual to overcome and prevent mental, psychosomatic disorders, deviant behaviours in different age groups - children and adults.
- Graduates of the programme are able to design and implement research activities in their relevant areas of clinical psychology using modern equipment and research methods.