Level of education: Aspirantura programme
Type of instruction : Full-time
Duration: 3 years
Language of instruction: Russian
Main academic courses
- Current Issues in Religious Studies
- Current Issues in Philosophy
- Current Issues in Ethics
- Foreign Language
- History and Philosophy of Science
- Cultural Studies
- Cultural Studies in the Humanities
- Methodology of Modern Humanitarian Research
Resource opportunities for research
- The M. Gorky Scientific Library of St Petersburg University
- Access to the university network of academic journal databases (including foreign ones) in their area of study
- Access to world information resources: Elsevier (Science Direct platform), the Digital Dissertation Library, EBSCO and others
- The programme is designed to prepare culture experts with deep knowledge in the field of the history of culture and modern cultural life, who are able to apply their knowledge and skills in their professional activities.
- The programme provides an in-depth study of: cultural and historical phenomena and the ontological foundations of modern cultural processes; and the features of the culture functioning and ways of developing cultural consciousness.
- The programme requires doctoral students to study: the philosophy of culture; the theory of culture; the theory of intercultural communications; cultural and ethical doctrines; features of interaction and interinfluence of different cultures; typologies of cultures; and practices of cultural institutionalisation.
- This programme is unique in that it provides opportunities to study for graduates with non-philosophical degrees.
- cultural and social and humanitarian studies;
- studies of artistic and cultural practices, including sociocultural, library-information and archival;
- management in the field of culture, participation in the design and implementation of state programmes to preserve and develop national culture;
- development of effective strategies and design of the optimal organisational structure of library and information organisations;
- strategic management of the library and information industry at the federal and regional levels, the development of innovative concepts for the development of the library and information sphere;
- expert advisory, information and analytical, research, and project activities in the field of culture;
- development of methods for determining the scientific, historical, artistic, memorial value of museum objects;
- strategic management of museum and archival activities, the development of a scientific concept for building up museum collections;
- preservation and promotion of cultural and natural heritage, including through cultural and heritage tourism;
- sociocultural and intercultural communications;
- stimulation of innovative movements in the sociocultural sphere, the implementation of public leisure demands.