Level of education: Aspirantura programme
Type of instruction : Full-time
Duration: 3 years
Language of instruction: Russian
Main academic courses
- Computational Mathematics
- Discrete Mathematics and Mathematical Cybernetics
- System Analysis, Control and Information Processing
- Mathematical Modelling, Numerical Methods and Programme Complexes
- Numerical Methods in Optimisation and Control
- Differential Games
- Network Games
Resource opportunities for research
- The Computing Centre of St Petersburg University;
- Facilities and resources of St Petersburg University: state-of-the-art computer classes; classrooms equipped with projectors and multimedia equipment; free access to Wi-Fi; a library equipped with state-of-the-art teaching and learning and scientific materials; and a reading room with access to thematic subscriptions and electronic resources of St Petersburg University.
- The programme consists of educational and research components. The educational component includes the study of academic disciplines such as: methods of mathematical cybernetics; discrete mathematics; the theory of control systems; mathematical programming; mathematical theory of operation research and game theory; mathematical theory of recognition and classification; mathematical theory of optimal control; and teaching practice. The curriculum provides a range of elective courses, which makes it possible for doctoral students to have an individual training schedule. The research component is focused on obtaining findings, the scientific value and novelty of which makes it possible to publish them in academic journals included in the RSCI, WoS and Scopus scientometric databases.
- The mission of this academic programme is to train highly qualified experts who are able to: critically analyse and evaluate modern scientific achievements; and generate new ideas in solving research and practical problems, including those in interdisciplinary areas.
- planning and conducting integrated studies, including interdisciplinary ones, based on a holistic systemic scientific worldview;
- participating in the work of Russian and international research teams to solve scientific and educational problems and using advanced methods and techniques of academic communication in the state and foreign languages;
- planning and solving problems of their own professional and personal development, independently carry out research activities in their field of study using advanced research methods and information and communication technologies;
- teaching activities for degree programmes at higher education institutions.