Level of education: Aspirantura programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 3 years
Language of instruction: Russian
Main academic courses
- Psychological Fundamentals of Teaching Foreign Languages
- Pedagogy and Psychology
- Methods of Pedagogical Research
- Theory of Teaching Methods
Resource opportunities for research
The M. Gorky Scientific Library of St Petersburg University has more than 6.9 million printed books and manuscripts in its collections. It provides access to more than 60 million electronic sources, which include academic journals, monographs, dissertations, and reference books. It has one of the best library collections among university libraries in Russia. The philology branch of the Scientific Library has a unique collection of books and journals in 35 languages and numbers more than 350,000 storage units. The Scientific Library of St Petersburg University provides access to the Literature Online database which contains: 357,250 volumes of world classical English-language literature from the 17th century to the present; approximately 20,000 full-text English-language monographs; and the most comprehensive and oldest universal encyclopaedia in English – the Encyclopædia Britannica.
- Training in modern methods of teaching foreign languages;
- Unique original courses, and the most advanced methods and technical tools in education;
- A wide range of problems and research methods in the field of foreign languages;
- In-depth study of the specialised and sought-after translation industry;
- Training in modern foreign language testing systems.