Level of education: Bachelor programmes
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 4 years
Language of instruction: English, Russian
- Aerospace Research Methods
- Biology and Fundamentals of Ecology
- Introduction to Oceanology
- Higher Mathematics
- Geography of Soils
- Informatics and Fundamentals of Geographic Information Systems
- Landscape Science
- General Hydrology
- General Geography
- Fundamentals of the Studies of the Atmosphere
- Soil Science and Geography of Soils
- Physics and Fundamentals of Geophysics
- Physical Geography of Continents and Oceans
- Physical Geography of Russia
- Chemistry and Fundamentals of Geochemistry
- Economic, Social and Political Geography of the World
- Data Analysis and Presentation in Physical Geography
- English and Country Studies
- Biogeographic Mapping
- Biogeography of Humid Zone
- Biodiagnosis of Natural and Anthropogenic Ecosystems
- Biometrics and Computer Processing of Biogeographical Data
- Botanical Resources Science
- Geography of Macroregions of the World
- Geography of World Economic Relations
- Geography of Population
- Geography of Industry and Agriculture
- Geography of Tertiary Sector
- Geological and Geomorphological Mapping
- Dynamics of Plant and Animal Habitats
- Dynamic Landscape Studies
- Instrumental Methods for Studying Relief, Geological Structure and Data Interpretation
- Historical Geography
- Historical and Quaternary Geology
- History and Theory of Economic and Social Geography
- Cultural and Landscape Regions of Russia
- Landscape Architecture
- Methods of Socio-Geographical Research
- Methods of Feld Geographic Research
- Monitoring and Conservation of Biodiversity
- Sciences on Lithosphere Substance
- Fundamentals of Systematics
- Fundamentals of Regional Geography and Region Studies
- Fundamentals of Political Geography
- Paleogeographic Analysis
- Minerals and Resources
- Political Science and Political Geography
- Political Geography of Russia
- Applied Geology and Ecology
- Applied Geomorphology
- Applied Economics and Geographical Studies
- Natural Landscapes of Russia
- Natural Capital and Economy of Nature Management
- Nature Management
- Integration Processes in the Eurasian Region
- Regional Biogeography
- Regional Geomorphology of the World
- Recreational and Medical Geography
- Recreational Resource Management
- Systematics of Higher Plants
- Modern Problems of Social and Economic Development of Regions
- Country Studies of Australia and Oceania
- Asian and African Studies
- Theory and Models in Economic Geography
- Theory and Practice of Territorial Development Management
- Physical Geography of Sushi Regions
- Evolutionary Geography
- Ecology of Components of Biogeocenosis
- Economics and Sociology
- Economic Geography of the Eurasian Space
- Excursion Studies and Museology
- A classical academic programme that combines theoretical and practical approaches to studying the issues of: physical, social and economic, political geography; landscape science; country studies and recreational geography; biogeography; soil geography; nature protection; and geomorphology.
- Graduates are ready to solve complex geographical problems in the field of interaction between nature and society at micro, meso and macro levels.
- The modular structure makes it possible for students to build their individual educational path for advanced training in a particular field of geography: physical geography; landscape science; biogeography; geography of soils; nature protection and geomorphology; social and economic geography; political geography; country studies; and recreational geography.
- There are interesting internships and training practices at St Petersburg University and partner organisations in the regions of the Russian Federation, and in CIS and other countries.
- The possibility exists for students to use the advanced equipment of the resource centres of the St Petersburg University Research Park to carry out their own research.
- Students can take part in conferences and seminars, including the annual Great Geographical Festival.
- There is a long-term partnership with the Russian Geographical Society.
- Reliable contacts have been established with potential employers: institutes of the Russian Academy of Sciences; geographical research and production organisations; and stable international relations with foreign partner universities.
Field training practice takes place at the university bases in the village of Ulianovka and the village of Kuznechnoe in the Leningrad Region. Special training practice takes place in: Krasnodar Krai and Belgorod Region at the university bases; the Republic of Crimea; the Republic of Karelia; the Altai Republic; the Republic of Khakassia; nature reserves and national parks of the Murmansk region and the Krasnoyarsk Krai; the Novgorod, Moscow and Tver Regions; the Republic of Belarus; Lithuania; and Kazakhstan.
For internships, more than 100 agreements have been concluded with: research institutions of the Russian Academy of Sciences; protected areas in the Russian Federation and abroad; and various state and private companies.
Graduates of the programme: are involved in research work; solve territorial landscape planning issues; design spatial structures of the economy and population; and design tourist and recreational systems taking into account the rational use of the natural environment and resources. They also work in: nature reserves and other protected areas; nature protection and urban planning organisations; transport and logistics; and tourism and consulting. They are also engaged in teaching activities.
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.