Level of education: Bachelor programmes
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 4 years
Language of instruction: English and Russian
- The programme preserves the classical traditions of the St Petersburg school of history and the academic nature of teaching. The curriculum successfully combines the traditions of classical historical education with modern approaches and tasks of history science. Students acquire in-depth theoretical knowledge in the humanities related to the research and academic area of study ‘History and Archaeology'.
- The interdisciplinary approach to education is backed up by the involvement of leading national and foreign scholars specialising in various fields of knowledge. The curriculum combines: unique lecture courses in historical, philological, legal, philosophical, sociological, political, cultural and other related disciplines; seminars in archives and museums; and field ethnological, archaeological and military-patriotic practices.
- Elective courses make it possible for students to build their own educational path with a narrower focus. The total workload of elective courses in the curriculum exceeds the minimum requirements of the Federal State Educational Standard.
- Access to the complex of museums, libraries and archives of St Petersburg and the Leningrad Region ensures involvement in the professional environment and direct contact with historical and cultural monuments.
- There is cooperation with the leading universities and research centres in Russia and the world. This gives students the opportunity for included training. They can participate in academic exchange programmes complying with the agreements between St Petersburg University and foreign partner universities.
- The academic programme has been designed taking into account professional standards and the views of employers on the correlation of graduates' competencies and job functions in their professional activities.
Main educational courses
- History of Russia
- Contemporary History of Russia
- Ancient Greek and Roman History
- Medieval State and Law
- History of Slavonic and Balkan Countries
- Modern and Contemporary History
- History of International Relations
- History of the USA
- Russian Historiography
- History of World Culture
- Contemporary Political Processes in Russia
- Ethnology and Social Anthropology
- Source Studies
- History of the Primeval Society and Fundamentals of Archaeology
- Research scientist
- Archive worker
- Museum worker
- Creative professional
- Mass media professionals, including editorial offices and publishing houses
- Specialist in historical, cultural and experiential tourism
- Educator (children and youth leisure centres)
- Educator (cultural and educational centres)
- Educator (secondary schools and professional vocational education)
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.