Level of education: Bachelor programmes
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 4 years
Language of instruction: English and Russian
Main academic courses
- Fine Art Techniques
- Description and Analysis of Works of Art
- Art of Ancient Greece
- Art of Ancient Rome
- Byzantine Art
- Old Russian Art
- Russian Art in the 18th Century
- Russian Art in the 19th Century
- Russian Art in the 20th Century
- Russian Wooden Architecture
- Western European Medieval Art
- Renaissance Art
- Western European Art in the 17th – 19th Centuries
- Art of the West in the 20th Century
- Modern Art
- Monuments of St Petersburg Suburbs
- History of Applied Art
- Art of Armenia and Georgia
- Fundamentals of Christian Iconography
- Students are involved in the professional environment and have direct contact with objects of research. This is due to the status of St Petersburg as the museum capital of Russia and one of the leading museum centres in Europe.
- Fundamental language training makes it possible for students to study foreign scientific literature and prepare reports and presentations in English.
- The curriculum combines classroom and practical classes, field seminars, three field practices, and museum practice.
- Graduates possess unique competencies in the field of history and theory of Russian and Western European art.
- The programme provides an opportunity to become familiar with relevant aesthetic and artistic issues, as well as with the practice of contemporary art life.
- As a result of the programme, graduates are able to perform research, educational, cultural-educational, analytical, organisational, and administrative work connected with the history of arts.
- The academic programme has been designed taking into account professional standards and the views of employers on the correlation of graduates' competencies.
- Auction house expert
- Manager in art communication
- Analyst and expert in gallery work
- Archive worker
- Museum worker
- Creative professional
- Mass media professionals, including in editorial offices and publishing houses
- Specialist in historical, cultural and experiential tourism
- Educator (children and youth leisure centres)
- Educator (cultural and educational centres)
- Educator (secondary schools and professional vocational education)
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.