Level of education: Bachelor programmes
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 4 years
Language of instruction: English, Russian
Main academic courses
- Algebra and Number Theory
- Algorithms and Data Structures
- Calculus of Variations
- Introduction to Modern Programming
- Computational Mathematics
- Geometry and Topology
- Differential Equations
- Mathematical Analysis
- Machine Learning
- Fundamentals of Programming in Unix Environment
- C Programming
- C++ Programming
- Theoretical Cybernetics
- Probability Theory
- Computational Complexity Theory
- Mathematical Physics Equations
- Functional Analysis
- Extremal Problems
- Art of Mathematical Proof and Mathematical Logic
- Graph Theory
- Elements of Discrete Analysis
- Dynamical Systems and Their Computer Simulation
- Mathematical Statistics
- Teaching Practice
- Presentation of Scientific Investigation Results (in English)
- Statistical Data Analysis
- Database Theory and Applications to MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Technologies of Software Development
- Physical Training and Sport
- Philosophy (online course)
- Digital Culture (eLearning)
- Economic and Legal Fundamentals of Software Development and Distributing
- The bachelor’s programme ‘Mathematics and Computer Science’ is aimed at students who are interested in receiving a fundamental mathematical education with in-depth studying of applications and practical issues.
- The programme is designed to provide students with comprehensive training in higher mathematics and computer science, and to develop their abilities for research and scientific activity. This activity is expected in those areas of science that are critical in modern society – not only in fundamental mathematics and computer science, but also in the multidisciplinary fields that are based on them. These include: control theory; optimisation; data analysis; mathematical modelling; robotics; and breakthrough technologies of machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- A thoughtful combination of educational courses from several areas of knowledge results in the development of an interdisciplinary programme. It is fundamentally different from existing bachelor’s programmes in mathematics and in computer science. This programme is unique in that it provides successful applications in social, engineering, and natural sciences.
- Our students master mathematical models of various natural and technical systems; learn to understand information and calculations as their integral parts; get acquainted with fundamental problems that have long-term practical applications; and also study the correlations between historically separate disciplines.
- The careers of our graduates can be related to: research activities or teaching in various fields of mathematics; as well as the development of algorithmic and software applications for science and industry.
The programme trains specialists who are able to: successfully solve problems in the field of mathematics, computer science and related subject areas; perceive scientific ideas of various branches of mathematics and apply them to computer science; as well as use the achievements of computer science in research activities in the field of theoretical and applied mathematics.
- Computer math specialist
- IT system technician
- Software developer
- Data analyst
- Software architect
- IT testing engineer
- Expert on computer-aided manufacturing
- Technical writer (expert in technical documentation for information technology)
- Teacher (teaching activity in primary general, basic general, secondary general education)
- Teacher of additional education for children and adults
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.