Level of education: Bachelor programmes
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 4 years
Language of instruction: English and Russian
Main academic courses
- Theory and Philosophy of Culture
- History of Foreign Art in the 16th–19th Centuries
- History of World Museums
- History of Museum Work in Russia
- Administration and Marketing in a Museum
- Display and Exhibition Work in a Museum
- The Museum and the Visitor
- Provision of Guided Tours
- The Legal Framework of Cultural Heritage Preservation
- Professional Ethics
- Technological Advance and Information Technology in Museum Work
- Natural Scientific Methods in Preservation and Restoration of Museum Objects
- Contemporary Approaches to Museology
- Museum Pedagogy
- Supportive Courses in History
- Attribution and Expertise of Fine Art Works
- Museum Documentation and Object Storage
- Cultural Anthropology
- Military Heraldry
- The programme has been created and is being implemented in cooperation with the State Hermitage Museum.
- Practical training is held in the leading museums of St Petersburg.
- Students acquire fundamental knowledge of the humanities and social sciences.
- They master skills in the practical implementation of knowledge in the field of museum theory and practice.
- They master skills in the practical implementation of knowledge in the field of museum and exhibition, and museum and educational activities.
- They master skills in the practical implementation of knowledge in the field of preservation of cultural heritage.
- Museum documentation specialist
- Curator of exhibition projects
- Junior Research Worker
- Specialist in historical, cultural and experiential tourism
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.