Level of education: Bachelor programmes
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 4 years
Language of instruction: English, Russian
Main academic courses
- Geographical Information Systems in Geology
- Stratigraphy and Fundamentals of Palaeontology
- Geological Mapping and Structural Geology
- Geology and Geochemistry of Oil and Gas
- Geological Interpretation of Geophysical Data for Hydrocarbon Prospecting and Exploration
- Geophysical Well Logging
- Dynamics of Multi-Phase Filtration
- Isotope Geology
- Mathematical Methods and Modelling in Petroleum Geology
- Mineralogy and Crystallography
- Oil and Gas Provinces of the CIS Countries
- Reservoir Geology
- Petroleum Hydrogeology
- Sedimentary Basins
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Fundamentals of Management
- Assessment of Resources, and Estimation of Oil and Gas
- Prospecting and Exploration of Oil and Gas Deposits
- Development of Oil and Gas Fields
- Fuel and Energy Complex: Market, Policy and Legislation
- Economic Evaluation of Projects to Develop Oil and Gas Fields
- The programme is designed to train specialists in petroleum engineering. They will be able to: successfully solve problems ranging from prospecting of hydrocarbon deposits to the control of their development. Particular attention in training the students is paid to the study of fundamental oil and gas geology, prospecting and exploration of hydrocarbon deposits;
- The programme is unique in that it combines fundamental and special problems such as exploration and development of unconventional and hard-to-recover natural hydrocarbon reserves;
- The programme involves studying issues of management, marketing and energy policy, as well as solving special geological, geophysical and technological problems. This makes it possible for graduates to work successfully in public and private oil companies of the Russian Federation and foreign countries;
- The programme is designed to meet professional standards and the opinions of employers;
- Classes are held in classrooms equipped with state-of-the-art demonstration equipment and in specialised laboratories.
Leading experts from oil companies, research and development organisations are involved in the implementation of the programme
- Federal State Budgetary Enterprise “State Commission on Mineral Reserves”
- Limited Liability Company "Gazpromneft Science and Technology Center"
- Federal State Budgetary Institution "VNIIOkeangeologia"
- Joint Stock Company "Sevmorgeo"
- Federal State Unitary Enterprise "All-Russian Research Geological Oil Institute"
- Federal State Unitary Research and Production Enterprise "Geologorazvedka", etc.
While studying, students
- Take part in research activities conducted by St Petersburg University specialists;
- Conduct independent research in the resource centres of St Petersburg University;
- Take part in scientific conferences, symposia, contests, and academic competitions.
The programme is designed to train specialists for solving complex tasks in the field of exploration and development of natural hydrocarbon deposits, including those with unconventional and hard-to-recover reserves. Graduates are ready to participate in work in industries related to the extraction of hydrocarbons, in scientific laboratories, and computer centres during research and production activities
- Oil Production Specialist
- Specialist in production geology
- Specialist in calculating and managing hydrocarbon reserves
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.