Level of education: Bachelor programmes
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 4 years
Language of instruction: English and Russian
Main educational courses
Courses in physics
- Thermodynamics and Molecular Physics
- Continuum Physics
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Physical Practicum
- Experimental Physics. Laboratory Practicum
- Fundamentals of Solid State Physics
- Basics of Nuclear Physics
- Condensed Matter Physics
Courses in theoretical physics
- Theoretical Mechanics
- Quantum Mechanics
- Fundamentals of Quantum Microphysics
- Statistical Physics and Thermodynamics
- Higher Algebra
- Mathematical Analysis
- Higher Mathematics
- Probability Theory
- Methods of Mathematical Physics
- Methods of Mathematical Statistics
Courses in information technology
- Physical Basics of Techniques for Data Processing and Transmission
- Physical Basics of Techniques for Data Processing and Transmission. Practicum
- Introduction to Contemporary Computer Technologies
- Numerical Methods
- Computer Facilities and Systems
- Methods of Computational Physics
- Theoretical Basics of Computer Simulation
- Business Fundamentals (online course)
- Fundamentals of Pedagogical Activity (online course)
- Fundamental Legal Principles of Intellectual Property Protection and Use
- Russian as a Foreign Language
- Advanced English for Specific Purposes
- Physics of Continuous Media
- Philosophy (online course)
- Digital Culture (eLearning)
- Numerical Methods
- Language of Effective Communication (online course)
- The bachelor's programme ‘Applied Physics and Mathematics’ is aimed at an in-depth study of modern computer and information technology. It makes it possible to carry out productive research in various fields of physics, engineering and technology.
- Students master advanced methods for solving applied problems and acquire in-depth knowledge in the fields of physics and mathematics.
- The training is based on the combination of fundamental education with practical work in academic and research laboratories, as well as at enterprises of potential employers
- Throughout the training, lecturers and students work together to solve problems that are novel and of considerable practical importance.
- Graduates of the programme are fully prepared for continuing their education in master’s programmes and for a successful academic career.
The programme is aimed at training specialists in the fields of physics, mathematics and information technology for research and innovative developments in fundamental physico-mathematical, applied and interdisciplinary areas.
The graduates are trained to work for modern high-tech enterprises with research-intensive world-class production conducting R&D in engineering and applied physics and introducing new cutting-edge technologies and devices through the methods and approaches of applied mathematics and physics.
- Design engineer
- Specialist in computer-aided design of technological processes
- IT specialist in contemporary physics experiment
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.