Level of education: Bachelor programmes
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 4 years
Language of instruction: English and Russian
Main educational courses
- Mathematical Analysis
- Computational Mathematics
- Differential Equations
- Operating Systems
- Programming Technology
- Introduction to the Theory of Cyber Physical Systems
- Quantum Information Science
- System Analysis, Optimisation and Decision-making
- Modern Database Fundamentals and Management
- Network Technologies and Security
- Automation and Control Systems in Business Processes
- High-Performance Computing and Software Systems
- Artificial Intelligence
- Control Theory
The academic programme is aimed at training highly qualified specialists with fundamental basic training in the development and use of key convergent and cognitive information technologies of the digital economy and their applications. These include technologies such as: the Internet of things; industrial Internet; smart manufacturing; cyber physical systems and cognitive systems of control; robotic systems; artificial intelligence technologies; ontology and data semantics technologies; big data analytics and systems with heavy use of data; blockchain technology; cloud and grid computing technology; information security technology of the digital economy; geoinformatics technology; technology of virtual and augmented reality; technologies of digital transport and self-propelled vehicles; engineering of digital economy enterprises; digital socially-oriented technologies; and other convergent and cognitive information technology applications.
- The programme is taught by teaching staff with high publication activities. This makes it possible to engage students in solving urgent scientific and applied problems.
- The programme is based on the fundamental and applied achievements of Russian university education and the traditions of the applied mathematical school of St Petersburg University.
- Graduates receive an education that makes it possible for them to: solve current issues of designing and managing various technical objects, technological processes, social and economic systems, and information systems; carry out practical activities and apply various mathematical methods and computer technologies; and have the ability to master and develop new technologies.
- Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg (Germany)
- Technische Universität München (Germany)
- Mahatma Gandhi University, International and Inter University Centre for
- Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Kerala (India)
- The University of Surrey, Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Great Britain)
- The Heyrovský Institute of Physical Chemistry (the Czech Republic)
- The National Taiwan University of Science and Technology (Taiwan)
- General Electric (the USA)
- The University of Tsukuba, the Institute of Applied Physics (Japan)
- Michigan State University (the USA)
The programme is aimed at training bachelors who carry out practical and research activities in the development of effective computing methods and technologies intended for implementation using parallel, distributed computing and data resources, modelling, improvement and operation of distributed information and computing systems based both on present-day mathematical methods and on effective computer technologies.
The graduates have fundamental knowledge and are capable of using cutting-edge technologies in the field of data analysis and machine learning.
- Software architect
- Database administrator
- Information systems specialist
- Teacher of the professional training, professional education, and additional professional education
Organisations where our graduates work
- Theatres: the State Academic Mariinsky Theatre; Academic Drama Theatre named after A.S. Pushkin (Alexandrinsky Theatre)
- Film and animation studios: ‘St Petersburg Culture’ Studio; Lennauchfilm Studio; TV Channel ‘Channel Five’; ‘Mosfilm’ studio; Melnitsa Animation; ‘Artriia’ Animation Studio; ‘Peterburg’ Animation Studio; ‘Trace-studio’ Animation Studio
- Companies: Yandex, ABBY, Fora Soft, Edisoft, ANT-Inform, T-Systems RUS, Wargaming Saint-Petersburg, Vkontakte, ‘Aleksandr’ Auction House
- Publishing houses: ‘Atlanta’ Internet Publishing House
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.