Level of education: Bachelor programmes
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 4 years
Language of instruction: Russian
Main educational courses
- Anthropology of Religion
- History of Religions
- History of Freethinking and Atheism
- Science and Religion
- Psychology of Religion
- Religious Anthropology
- Religious Ethics
- Freedom of Conscience
- Contemporary Non-Traditional Doctrines and Cults
- Sociology of Religion
- Phenomenology of Religion
- Philosophy of Religion
- Esoteric Doctrines
- St Petersburg University is one of the largest centres in Russia for the study of religion and religious organisations with unique teaching staff.
- The programme uses self-developed educational standards and competence-oriented curricula.
- The programme uses an interdisciplinary approach and is designed to train experts in religious studies. Graduates acquire: fundamental knowledge in religious studies; fundamental theories and methods of research and project activities; and the teaching skills necessary for the implementation of the educational process based on modern methods and educational technologies.
- Students master sociological and anthropological methods of studying religionism.
- Graduates are able to understand the nature and specific features of modern religious studies problems.
- Students have the opportunity to take part in academic mobility programmes and successfully continue their academic career at the most prestigious universities in the world.
- Graduates are highly demanded in the labour market in various fields of activity. They can work in: state, public and commercial organisations; educational institutions and scientific institutes (including the State Museum of the History of Religion); government bodies; museums; mass media; tourism; and advertising.
The programme is designed to train specialists with state-of-the-art knowledge, skills and abilities in the field of religious studies. They will be able to apply them in their professional activities. Graduates of the programme with a broad cultural horizon and fundamental knowledge will be able to work in: scientific and educational centres; the media; cultural institutions; state and municipal institutions; and public organisations in the field of interfaith and intercultural interaction.
Graduates are ready to work as educators, researchers, museum curators, guides and journalists.
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.