Level of education: Bachelor programmes
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 4 years
Language of instruction: Russian
Main educational courses
- Methods and Technology of Processing Materials for Applied Art Objects Production
- Conservation and Restoration of Applied Art Objects
- Photographic Technologies
- Computer-Aided Design and Computer Graphics
- Chemistry in Restoration of Applied Art Objects
- History of Foreign Architecture and Art
- History of Russian Architecture and Art
- Restoration Materials
- Attribution and Authentication of Works of Decorative and Applied Art
The bachelor's programme ‘Restoration of Fine and Applied Art Objects’ provides the fundamental university liberal education. It also provides the opportunity to acquire professional knowledge, skills and restoration techniques for a chosen specialisation: restoration of listed buildings and urban planning; historic interiors; art, sculpture and graphic objects; book collections; and works of applied art. Special attention during the training is paid to: the protection of monuments, including legal and economic issues; and management issues connected with the use and promotion of cultural heritage. The programme is based on: advanced information and computer technologies; and new methods and tools in the field of attribution, inventory, classification and protection of cultural heritage.
The graduates work in restoration workshops, museums, galleries, cultural and educational institutions, create individually developed objects of applied art.
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.