Level of education: Bachelor programmes
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 4 years
Language of instruction: English and Russian
- The programme is designed to train specialists who have: academic knowledge for information and analytical activities in the field of tourism; and practical skills in the development, promotion and marketing of a tourist product. This is best achieved on the basis of traditional university education, as well as through the involvement of leading specialists from the tourism industry in the educational process.
- Students take part in research expeditions, scientific conferences, seminars, symposia, including the annual Great Geographical Festival.
- The academic programme has been designed taking into account professional standards and the needs of employers.
- These are: a combination of practical and academic knowledge for information and analytical activities in tourism; and knowledge of technologies for the organisation and delivery of tour operator, travel agent and excursion services.
Main educational courses
- Computer-Aided Systems and Databases
- English for Professional Communication
- World History and Cultural Heritage
- History of Tourist Activities
- Organisational Culture and Human Resource Management
- Tourism Marketing
- Fundamentals of Management in Tourism
- Fundamentals of Tourism
- Fundamentals of Guided Tour Provision
- Regional History of Russia
- Legal Regulation of Tourism
- Standardisation and Certification in Tourist Industry
- Area Studies
- Technology of Domestic Tourism
- Techniques of Selling Tourist Services
- Transportation Services in Tourism
- Tour Operating
- Economics of Tourist Market
- Economic, Social and Political Geography of the World
The graduates can start their careers as tourism instructors, reservation managers, travel products managers, travel products promotion managers,
tourism managers, travel products development managers, inbound (outbound) tourism operators, travel organisers, sightseeing tour organisers, tour operators,
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.