Level of education: Bachelor programmes
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 4 years
Language of instruction: Russian
Main academic courses
- Ancient Greek
- History of Ancient Greek Literature
- History of Roman Literature
- Historical Grammar of Ancient Greek
- Historical Grammar of Latin
- History of Ancient Greek and Roman Art
- Ancient Greek and Roman Epitaphs
- History of Ancient Greece
- Culture of Ancient Greece and Rome
- Fundamental university education, which includes the study of: the Old Slavonic language; the history of the Russian language; and the history of Old Russian literature. The relations between the history of language and culture with the current state of the language and the features of the modern literary process are also taken into account.
- The training involves the scientific resources of the University, for example the Professor Larin Intradepartmental lexicographical studio.
- There is an opportunity to have various practical training: teaching practice in the best gymnasiums of St Petersburg; and linguistic practice at the Institute of Linguistic Studies of the Russian Academy of Sciences. The students also have dialectological, folklore, and museum and archival practices.
- Media officer
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.