Level of education: Bachelor programmes
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 4 years
Language of instruction: English and Russian
Main academic courses
- English Stylistics
- History of Methods of Teaching Foreign Languages
- Theoretical Issues in English Grammar
- Theoretical Phonetics of English
- Area Studies
- General Linguistics
- History of English Dialects
- Speech Act Theory
- History of Russian and Foreign Literature
- This academic programme is for training foreign students. The target language (English) is both the language of instruction and the intermediate language.
- A unique teaching aspect is adapted for the students, and specially designed teaching materials are used.
- Training in practical English is for up to 14 hours per week. There is also the opportunity to receive a certificate for their level of proficiency in Russian and foreign languages. This guarantees parallel knowledge of two foreign languages.
- Skills will be acquired in: translation and simultaneous interpreting; intercultural communication; and literary analysis. Knowledge of the history and culture of the countries of the studied languages will also be acquired.
- Proficiency will be achieved in: various methods of linguistic analysis; methodological foundations of foreign language teaching; and research skills in linguistic areas.
- Comprehensive knowledge in a chosen field of study will be acquired.
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.