Level of education: Bachelor programmes
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 4 years
Language of instruction: English, Russian
Courses in Mathemaics
- Mathematical Analysis
- Functional Analysis
- Geometry and Topology
- Calculus of Variations
- Fundamentals of Naive Set Theory
- Introduction to Dynamics
- Logical Calculus
- Mathematical Fundamentals of Algorithms
- Differential Geometry
- Probability Theory
- Numerical Methods
- Fourier Analysis
Courses in Computer Scince
- Theoretical Informatics
- Principles of Programming
- Languages and Compilers
- Architecture of Computer Systems
- Parallel Computing
- Machine Learning
- Data Analysis
- Combinatorial Optimisation
- Prominent lecturers – active scientists or employees of large IT companies who put their knowledge into practice.
- Profound technology courses taught by engineers from large IT companies. In programming courses there will be a code review: an experienced developer will help students find errors and defects in the code, and will explain how to correct them. Machine learning courses involve data analysis competitions.
- In-depth mathematical courses – the programme is designed by the team of the Chebyshev Laboratory. In junior courses, some lectures are general and delivered with students from the ‘Mathematics’ programme. This means that students receive a fundamental education in all areas of modern mathematics.
- Research work – students of the programme are involved in fundamental or applied research; and take part in different conferences. The University sponsors trips to international conferences.
- Competitions – students can choose which trainings and classes to attend: training in machine learning; classes in Olympiad programming; or classes in mathematics.
- Scholarships of up to 15,000 roubles from Yandex to the best students.
Practical training and future career
At the end of each semester, starting from the second year, students will work on projects under the supervision of senior employees from various IT companies. Projects can be very different: a browser game that introduces the Turing machine; a service for studying the human genome; prediction of the sale price of real estate; a service for remote interviews; a prototype sensor that counts cars that passed by; and others. With their help, students will:
- get acquainted with a variety of technologies;
- understand which direction or technology is more interesting for them;
- try to solve real work problems as projects are very similar to them.
Graduates will work as data analysts and research developers at IT or product companies. Data scientists combine the features of a mathematician, programmer, engineer, and scientist. It is currently one of the most sought-after professions in IT.
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.