Level of education: Bachelor programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 4 years
Language of instruction: English
The programme addresses the interests of those students who want to combine their basic studies in Mathematics with considerable involvement in Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence.
Benefits of the programme
- The programme trains highly qualified specialists able to solve problems in mathematics, computer science and related areas, perceive ideas in different areas of mathematics and apply them in computer sciences, and use computer science achievements in scientific research;
- Students are prepared to use the most effective and advanced machine learning and artificial intelligence technologies in treating fundamental problems with the potential for long-term and real-world impact;
- The programme has strong connections with the industry – among the lecturers are developers and researches from Lanit-Tercom, Cybertex, students are involved in development and research projects with Huawei, TRA Robotics, Astrosoft, Cybertex, Assaia, Lanit-Tercom, and others.
- the core of mathematics basics in algebra, mathematical analysis, probability, analytical geometry, calculus, topology and differential equations;
- knowledge of mathematical models of a broad variety of natural and engineered systems;
- understanding information and computation as essential components of those systems;
- experience in research with synergy effects between traditionally separated disciplines.
Main academic courses
Fundamental Mathematics courses
- Mathematical Analysis
- Functional Analysis
- Algebra and Number Theory
- Geometry and Topology
- Differential Equations
- Probability Theory
- Mathematical Statistics
- Calculus of Variations
- Mathematical Physics Equations
- Graph Theory
- Extremal Problems
- Theoretical Cybernetics
- Art of Mathematical Proof and Mathematical Logic
Computer Science courses
- Artificial Intelligence
- Algorithms and Data Structures
- Machine Learning
- Database Theory
- Programming C
- Programming C++
- Programming in Unix Environment
- Computational Complexity Theory
- Software Developing Technologies
- Statistical Data Analysis
- Dynamical Systems and Simulation
- Computational Mathematics
Future career of students may be associated with research or teaching in the areas of pure and applied mathematics, and with advanced algorithms and software development in academia and industry.
- In Russia: Intel, Oracle, Huawei, Yandex, Jet Brains, Lanit-Tercom, Transas, EMC, Digital Design, Cybertex, Assaia, DIGDES, FIRSTLINE, StarLine, Russian State Scientific Center for Robotics and Technical Cybernetics, Russian Universities, Russian Academy of Sciences.
- International: MIT (USA), SUPELEC (France), UNSW (Australia), University of Sheffield (UK), NTNU (Norway), Lund University (Sweden), TU/e (Netherlands), and a lot of others.
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.