Level of education: Bachelor programmes
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 4 years
Language of instruction: English, Russian
Main academic courses
- History of Foreign Literature
- Introduction to Literary Studies
- Literary Theory
- Typology of Literary Genres
- Fundamentals of Comparative Studies
- Philological Practice
- History of German
- Special Courses in the Main Field of Study
- The curriculum of the academic programme is aimed at training multi-skilled specialists. They will have deep understanding of the laws of the world literary process, and the theory of literature and the system of genres. They will also have knowledge of foreign languages (German and English). The graduates are capable of successful teaching and research activities.
- The graduates of the department have comprehensive training in the history of foreign literature and literary studies. They are able to independently analyse literary material. They are also philologists in the broad sense and speak two foreign languages (German and English) at a high level.
Graduates continue their education and move toward more advanced education or become literary scholars. They can be engaged in research and teaching activities.
Professions: teacher of foreign literature and a foreign language; translator and editor of fiction, scientific and journalistic texts; museum worker.
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.