Level of education: Bachelor programmes
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 4 years
Language of instruction: Russian
Main academic courses
- Danish (Practical and Theoretical Issues in Danish Grammar, Listening Comprehension, Speech and Writing Practice, Home Reading)
- Danish Lexicology
- Danish Stylistics
- History of Language, including Gothic, Old Icelandic, and Old Danish
- Danish Studies
- Translation Theory
- Second Scandinavian Language (Norwegian or Swedish)
- History of Scandinavia
- History of Russian Literature: 19th – 20th Centuries
- History of Ancient Greek and Roman Literature
- History of Foreign Literature
- History of Scandinavian Literature
- The possibility to learn Danish from scratch – it is the official language of the Kingdom of Denmark, the country with which we have long-standing cultural and historical ties
- Uniquely designed lecture courses of St Petersburg teachers
- A wide range of issues and research methods in the field of Scandinavian studies in synchrony and diachrony
- Participation in joint events organised by cultural institutions of target language countries and consulates: the Consulate of Sweden and Norway; the Danish Institute of Culture; Dutch Institute in St Petersburg.
Graduates are ready to work as: translators and interpreters with knowledge of two foreign languages; escorting interpreters; foreign language teachers; editors; and personal assistants. They can also work in publishing houses and in the field of mass communication, and be involved in research activities.
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.