Level of education: Bachelor programmes
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 4 years
Language of instruction: Russian
Main academic courses
- Romanian (Phonetics, Vocabulary, Grammar)
- Listening Comprehension
- Area Studies
- Romanian Lexicology
- History of Romanian
- Theoretical Issues in Romanian Grammar
- Modern Romanian Literature
- Translation of Business Texts
- Translation of Social and Political Texts
- Consecutive Interpreting
- Literary Translation
- A Second Romance Language (French / Italian)
- Late Latin
- History of Russian Literature
- History of Foreign Literature
- Introduction to General Linguistics
- Introduction to Romance Philology
- General Linguistics
- Methods of Teaching a Foreign Language
- Psychology and Pedagogy
- The academic traditions of teaching Romanian were set up at St Petersburg Imperial University 180 years ago in 1839. Romanian as the main field of study has been taught at St Petersburg University continuously for 62 years – since 1957 when the Division of Romanian language and literature was created at the Department of Romance Philology.
- Graduates of the bachelor's programme ‘Romanian’ receive rigorous philological and linguistic training; speak Romanian as the language of their main field of study; and French or Italian as their second language. Students of the programme also study English and Latin.
- Graduates of the bachelor's programme ‘Romanian’ can successfully continue their studies at the master's programme of St Petersburg University ‘Romance Languages’ or at master's programmes in the humanities at Romanian universities.
- foreign language teachers
- translators and interpreters in international companies, translation agencies and publishing houses
- interpreter and translator consultants
- escorting interpreters
- research associates.
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.