Level of education: Bachelor programmes
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 4 years
Language of instruction: English, Russian
- Automation and Optimisation of Biotechnological Processes
- Anatomy, Physiology and Histology
- Cell Biology
- Developmental Biology
- Genetic Technologies in Medicine
- Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology
- Genome Mapping and Sequencing
- Fundamentals of Pharmaceutical Development
- Programming and Software Design
- Hybrid Protein Technology
- Tissular and Cellular Engineering
- Python Programming Language]
- The bachelor's programme ‘Biology: Bioengineering Technologies' is implemented in collaboration with BIOCAD.
- The programme provides both fundamental general biological training and in-depth knowledge and practical skills in the areas of biology that are necessary for work in bioengineering, biotechnology, biomedicine, pharmacology, and others.
- Such training is provided by: disciplines covering the issues of biodiversity and the functioning of living systems at different levels of their organisation; and a set of courses in molecular genetics, genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolomics, genetic and cellular engineering, genetic technologies in medicine and others.
- The programme focuses on: mathematics; physics; chemistry; computational biology; and bioinformatics – disciplines that are also of vital importance for successful work in the field of high technology.
- Students are provided with unique opportunities to carry out research and project work at the highest level of St Petersburg University: the University Research Park and the advanced BIOCAD equipment; copious information resources; as well as communication with leading scientists and experts from Russia and abroad.
- A unique combination of applied knowledge and skills acquired as a result of training provides graduates of the bachelor’s programme with job prospects in: biotechnological companies; medical institutions; research institutes; and other organisations whose activities are related to high-tech technologies in biology and medicine.
- Graduates of the academic programme can continue their studies in master’s or doctoral programmes in biotechnology and biomedicine at Russian and foreign universities.
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.