Level of education: specialist programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 6 years
Language of instruction: Russian with some courses taught in English
Main academic courses
- Zoology and Fundamentals of Parasitology
- Academic Course in Internal Medicine
- Academic Course in Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
- General Genetics
- Bioorganic Chemistry
- Developmental Biology
- Histology, Embryology, Cytology
- Functional Human Anatomy
- Normal Physiology
- Microbiology, Virology, Immunology
- History of the Organic World
- Anatomical Pathology
- Disaster Medicine: Organisation of Medical Care in Extreme Situations
- General Surgery
- Disaster Medicine: Toxicology
- Medical Genetics
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Introduction to Internal Medicine
- Topographical Anatomy and Operative Surgery
- General Oncology
- Neurology, Neurosurgery
- Traumatology and Orthopaedics
- Hospital Course in Internal Medicine
- Psychiatry, Medical Psychology
- Infectious Diseases
- Public Health and Healthcare
- General Immunology
- Medical Aspects of Embryology
- Introduction to Endocrine and Metabolic Disorders
- Exercise Therapy and Medical Supervision
- Introduction into Endoscopic and Video-Assisted Surgery
- Hospital Course in Surgery
- Paediatric Surgery
- Current Issues in Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Allergo- and Immunopathology in the Clinical Picture of Internal Diseases
- Gerontology and Geriatrics
- Clinical Electrocardiography
- Introduction to Andrology
- Diagnosis of Rare Infections
- Metabolic Disorders in Internal Medicine
- Neuroimmunoendocrinology: Role and Significance in Molecular Pathology and Medicine
- Fundamentals of Transplantation
- Legal Studies
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Anatomical Pathology (Autopsy and Biopsy Course)
- Clinical Oncology
- Radiation Therapy
- Outpatient Surgery
- Anaesthesiology, Resuscitation and Intensive Care Medicine
- Karolinska Institutet (Sweden)
- The University of Helsinki, the University of Turku (Finland)
- Freie Universität Berlin and the Friedrich Schiller University Jena (Germany)
- Texas Medical School, Yale University and the University of North Carolina (the USA)
- The University of Madrid, the University of Salamanca (Spain)
- The University of Bologna (Italy)
- The Sorbonne (France)
- The specialist’s programme ‘General Medicine’ includes a wide range of disciplines to train medical doctors. Particular attention is paid to the teaching of fundamental disciplines, which develops wide scientific horizons among students. A lengthy English course makes it possible for students to achieve good command of the language.
- Practical knowledge is taught in accordance with international standards and national traditions of higher medical education. It is reinforced during annual summer internships in the leading medical institutions of the city. To master their practical skills, students have practical training in a well-equipped simulation centre of St Petersburg University.
- The programme ‘General Medicine’ combines clinical practice with research activities under the supervision of the St Petersburg University faculty.
- These features of the academic programme ‘General Medicine’ make it possible to develop the professional competencies of medical doctors, and their approach to carrying out research at a high level. They are also ready to use advanced methods and technologies, including digital ones based on the cutting-edge scientific achievements in medicine.
- The programme provides training under individual educational paths through elective and online courses.
- The requirements for material, technical, educational, methodological and other conditions for the implementation of the academic programme are met by all the resources of St Petersburg University under the rules established by the University and the resources of partner organisations.
- The academic programme is also implemented for physically challenged students taking into account their special needs, individual capabilities and health status.
- Graduates of the specialist’s programmes speak English at a level of English proficiency comparable to the B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- The academic programme has been designed taking into account professional standards and the views of employers on the correlation of graduates' competencies and job functions in their professional activities.
According to their area of specialisation, graduates can embark on a career at medical clinics, hospitals and medical centres, as well as research institutes and private medical institutions. They can also engage in teaching and research activities. The programme involves the study of nursing, including acquisition of the appropriate practical skills. There will be a certification examination for the right to work as a mid-level health professional.
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.