Level of education: specialist programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 5 years
Language of instruction: Russian with some courses taught in English
Main academic courses
- Introduction to Dental Diseases
- Therapeutic Dentistry
- Prosthetic Dentistry
- Paediatric Dentistry
- Surgical Dentistry
- Material Science
- History of Medicine
- Gross Anatomy. Head and Neck Anatomy
- Latin and Basic Medical Terminology
- Human Physiology. Physiology of the Maxillofacial Area
- Microscopic Anatomy, Cytology, Embryology. Oral Microscopic Anatomy
- Military and Extreme Medicine
- Anatomical Pathology of Head and Neck, etc.
- Introduction to Internal Medicine
- General Surgery; Microbiology, Virology, Immunology. Oral Microbiology
- Principles of Human Ecology. Military Hygiene
- Microbiology (including Oral Microbiology)
- Biochemistry (including Oral Biochemistry)
- Scientific Ideology and Technologies of Molecular and Genetic Research in Modern Medicine
- Human Neurophysiology
- Physiology of the Maxillofacial Area
- Confocal Laser Scanning Microscopy
- Medical Psychology
- Preventive Care and Dental Public Health
- Diagnostics in Dentistry
- Methodological Aspects of Surgical Consultation
- Dental Modelling and Restoration. Filling Materials for Dental Modelling and Restoration
- Tooth Extraction
- Topographical Anatomy and Operative Surgery
- Physiological Principles of Anaesthesia in Dentistry
- Dental Surgery. Military Maxillofacial Surgery. Exercise Therapy. Rehabilitology
- Modern Filling Materials for Anatomical Dental Remodelling
- Tooth Whitening Systems
- Modern Therapeutic and Preventive Prosthetic Devices
- Modern Technologies in Endodontics
- Public Health and Health Care Health Economics
- Medical Informatics
- Меdical Law
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Forensic Medicine
- Geriatric Dentistry
- Leipzig University (Germany)
- The University of Greifswald (Germany)
- The Friedrich Schiller University Jena (Germany)
- The University of Duisburg-Essen (Germany)
- The University of Strasbourg (France)
- The University of Tampere (Finland)
- Karolinska Institutet (Sweden)
- Johns Hopkins University (the USA)
- Yale University (the USA)
- The academic staff providing training include leading Russian specialists; international experts deliver lectures.
- A tailor-made approach to every student: practical classes are held in small groups; students are present at various therapeutic intervention.
- Training is based on the principle of continuity; activities similar to those of a medical doctor are simulated at every stage.
- Training is provided using the cutting-edge simulation equipment.
- There are 25 clinical bases – practical classes are held at the best medical and research institutions of St Petersburg.
- Learning English is to B2 level; the ability to listen to lectures in English and easily navigate in international sources; get acquainted with the latest achievements of not only Russian but also international medicine.
- The programme provides training under individual educational paths through elective and online courses.
- The programme has been designed taking into account professional standards and the views of employers on the correlation of graduates' competencies and job functions in their professional activities. It is implemented with the help of the Council of the academic programme.
- The programme makes it possible to develop the professional competencies of medical doctors, and their approach to carrying out research at a high level. Graduates are also ready to use advanced methods and technologies, including digital ones based on the cutting-edge scientific achievements in medicine.
After being initially certified, graduates are ready to work in state and commercial dental organisations. Graduates can continue their studies in doctoral or clinical residency programmes to receive in-depth knowledge in the chosen medical profession.
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.