Level of education: Specialist programmes
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 6 years
Language of instruction: Russian
Main academic courses
- Film and Television Costume Design – Composition
- History of Costume
- Technology and Materials Science
- Costume Modelling
- Reconstruction of Historical Costume
- History of Cinematography
- Fundamentals of Film Directing
- Fundamentals of Motion Picture Photography
- History of Foreign Art and Culture
- History of Russian Art and Culture
- Surface Anatomy
- Computer Graphics
- Painting Techniques and Painting Materials
- The programme is unique in that it is the only programme in St Petersburg that provides the opportunity to receive professional education and an uncommon speciality ‘Film and Television Costume Designer’.
- Students receive a fundamental university education.
- The programme provides practical training at the school of film designers using unique creative techniques that are as close as possible to modern film production practices.
- The academic system of teaching art disciplines is combined with active creative training and the search for new visual forms.
- The teaching staff are qualified. The training is provided by prominent film and costume designers from the ‘Lenfilm’ film studio, and leading St Petersburg painters and graphic artists. Practical classes are held at film studios in St Petersburg and across the country.
- Graduates are in demand in film studios across Russia.
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.