The construction of the Twelve Collegia building is completed
The Twelve Collegia building was designed by Domenico Trezzini. Initially, the Twelve Collegia was intended to house the highest government offices. The construction was completed by adding a two-story gallery on the western side of the building. The Twelve Collegia building was transferred to the University in 1835. Today, this architectural monument of the 18th century is the main building of St Petersburg University.