Under the agreements with partner universities, St Petersburg University is admitting documents from applicants for 12 master's programmes. Within the framework of these programmes, there is an opportunity to obtain two diplomas – a Russian diploma and a foreign one.
The practice of implementing double-degree programmes is widespread throughout the world. This format of education involves concurrent training at a partner university in similar programmes with minimal difference in curricula.
A double-degree master's programme is a great opportunity to receive both a foreign and Russian education and to improve intercultural communication skills. Students of joint programmes will master part of their academic programme at a partner foreign university. This will make it possible for them to: get acquainted with large foreign universities face-to-face; attend classes of top-ranked professors; and have access to all educational and research resources of a foreign university.
Moreover, diplomas of graduates of joint programmes will be recognised both in Russia and abroad – a supplementary procedure for recognising diplomas will not be required. This means that job prospects in large Russian international companies and in the countries of the Bologna system become available for graduates. Master's programmes are implemented with the following partner universities:
- Lappeenranta-Lahti University of Technology (Finland); the Vienna University of Economics and Business (Austria); HEC Paris (France) - Master in Management, MiM
- Beijing International Studies University (China) — Professional Speech Activity in Mass Media
- European University Viadrina (Germany) — Business Information Analysis
- The University of Bologna (Italy) — Diplomacy of the Russian Federation and Foreign States
- The University of Tampere (Finland) — Baltic and Nordic Studies
- European University Viadrina (Germany) — Mathematical Methods in Economics
- The Christian-Albrecht University of Kiel (Germany)— Germany and Eastern Europe in the Context of Cross-language and Cross-cultural Interaction
- The Technische Universität Ilmenau (Germany) — Company Economics and Economics of Innovative Activities
- The University of Greifswald (Germany) — Language and Communication (in German)
- The Sorbonne (France) — Russia and France in Historical and Cultural Context/ La Russie et la France dans l’espace de l’histoire et de la culture
- The Sorbonne (France) — The Literature of Russia and France: An Alternate Glance/ Littératures russe et française: regards croisés»
- The Sorbonne (France) — Philosophical dialogue between Russia and France/ Dialogue philosophique entre Russie et France