Level of education: Master programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
Language of instruction: English
Benefits of the programme:
- The programme targets Russian and international students with an ambition to become experts in world politics, to work as diplomats, members of international organisations and national government agencies.
- The programme is designed to develop a new generation of leaders who combine a traditional knowledge of international relations with specific and profound understanding of both Russian domestic and foreign affairs.
- The most of graduates are working at international organisations, Ministries of Foreign Affairs, non-governmental international and local organisations, think-tanks, universities, and etc. being unique specialists in both world politics and Russia.
- The core unique and distinctive specifics of the programme is to provide students with the ability to make analysis referred to both Russia, its politics and the international relations.
- The programme prepares graduates for the challenges of the digitalization of international relations through including the courses on big data analysis and providing the students with the skills in the area of social media analysis. The programme trains professionals for international organisations, diplomatic missions, governmental and non-governmental organisations and expert organisations.
- SPbU School of International Relations is a member of Association of Professional Schools of International Affairs.
- The programme has gained the international accreditation by ZEvA
- A wide range of partner-universities for academic exchange.
- The majority of students on the programme come from the USA, Mexico, France, Germany, Slovakia, Great Britain, Turkey, China, Morocco, Brazil, South Korea, Japan, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, and many other countries.
- The academic staff involved in the teaching have completed training and internships at U.S., European and Asian universities. They have PhDs from European universities, or hold Russian degrees of Candidate of Sciences and/or Doctor of Sciences, and actively publish textbooks for the students of the programme.
- Theory of International Relations
- History and Research Methods of International and Regional Studies
- International Organisations and Global Governance
- Regional Approaches to Global Environmental Security
- International Security
- Russia and Globalisation Issues in Modern World
- Russia and European Integration
- Russia-US Relations
- Russia’s Pivot to the East
- Russia’s Energy Policy
Internships at UN, embassies and consulates, governmental and non-governmental organisations, business entities, and others.
- Skills in the analytical work referred to the foreign policy of Russia and international relations
- Skills to use notional/conceptual apparatus applied by experts in the field of diplomatic practice and international relations
- Skills to prepare reports, papers, memos and etc. for submitting to governmental and expert community
- Skills to follow legal and normative documents relative the field of their future profession, including an ability to utilize national variances in normative documents relative to international relations
- Skills to effectively arrange an analytical work in the field of international multilateral contacts
- Soft communications skills
- Data science skills
Graduates work at government agencies, universities, international organisations, mass media offices and businesses as officials, experts in the field of international relations and Russia, specialists, political consultants, etc.
- Public officials
- Staff at the UN, embassies
- International relations consultant for business community
- Political experts
- Researchers at think tanks
- International and regional organisations staff
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.