Level of education: Master programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
Language of instruction: Russian
- Modern Issues in the Theory of Foreign Language Teaching
- Linguodidactic Fundamentals of Testing
- Linguocultural Studies
- Linguistic Analysis and Interpretation of Text
- Modern Linguistic Concepts in Theory and Practice of Russian as a Foreign Language
- Methods of Research in Practice of Russian as a Foreign Language
- National Picture of the World: Formation and History of Development
- An in-depth study of various approaches to evaluating semantic and pragmatic features of non-compliance committed by foreigners in oral and written speech in Russian. This enables the graduates to further develop their own methods of Russian language presentation as a foreign language for practical purposes;
- Students acquire knowledge about the linguistic and cultural features of the Russian language: the value dominants of the national language consciousness; the national features of the Russian speech behaviour; and Russian paroemiology, symbol and metaphor in the Russian language;
- The training sets forth objectives to acquaint students with the methods of analysis and interpretation of: different genres of literary text in Russian; poetics of literary directions and author's individual styles; as well as the peculiarities of written and oral forms of writing using the material of modern Russian media. They are taught to analyse the peculiarities of text perception;
- In the process of training future foreign specialists, a high level of Russian language proficiency is formed. This enables communicative tasks in the field of professional communication to be solved. Considerable attention is paid to improving the level of knowledge of foreign languages, which will facilitate communication problem-solving in the field of professional communication;
- The graduate possesses the skills of using business Russian, and public speaking and writing. They understand the importance of Russian as the state language;
- The graduate will speak English at a level comparable to the B2 CEFR;
- A foreign student can learn Russian as a foreign language instead of English; in this case, the graduate will speak Russian at a level comparable to TRFL-3.
The graduates can work as teachers of Russian as a foreign language, research workers at libraries, research fellows at the Institute of Linguistic Research, on radio and television, in business centres related to the reception and support of foreign citizens (scientific, business, tourist, cultural and educational activities), at secondary and higher educational institutions. If the graduate has been issued a certificate of the completion of the additional educational programme "Language Testing", he/she can work as a tester of Russian as a foreign language.
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.