Mathematical and Information Support of Economic Activity
01.04.02 In russian
Level of education Master
Type of instruction Full-time
Duration 2 years
- The master's programme ‘Mathematical and Informational Support of Economic Activity’ provides students with a set of courses that contribute to deepening and broadening their knowledge in the application of applied mathematics and information technology methods in the management of economic and business processes in organisations. The programme is aimed at students who are interested in laying the foundation for future successful careers in manufacturing organisations, and research and educational institutions.
- The programme is designed to provide students with a systematic body of knowledge in: mathematical modelling of control systems; operations research; probability theory; and applied mathematical logistics, oriented towards the application of mathematical methods of optimisation and modern software tools in the study of economic and business processes. The programme is unique and competitive in that it develops in students systemic thinking since the programme is interdisciplinary and covers economics and applied mathematics.
- The academic programme ‘Mathematical and Information Support of Economic Activity’ is designed to train experts to practice the application of mathematical methods and computer technology in various fields of applied mathematics and informatics. A special emphasis is on control problems in economic, social and conflict-management systems.
- The academic programme is designed to train experts in research, analysis, design, experimental and development, innovation, production and technology, and organisational and managerial activities.
- Operations Research Methods and Models
- Mathematical Models of Micro and Macro Economics
- Methods of Statistical Information Processing
- Mathematical Methods in Contingency Decision Making
- Complex Networks and Their Applications
- PERT and Project Management
- Applied Economic Analysis
- Discrete and Probabilistic Models and Stochastic Processes
- Mathematical Modelling of Economic Behaviour
- Modelling and Optimisation of Production Systems
- History and Methodology of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science
- Mathematical Methods for Financial Analysis
- Simulators of Insurance and Banking
- Mathematical Methods of Scheduling Theory
- Mathematical Models of Inventory Control Theory
- The master's programme ‘Mathematical and Information Support of Economic Activity’ prepares high calibre experts for future careers in industry, business, science and education.
- The programme provides an opportunity to learn how to build mathematical models for forecasting, optimising and managing production, economic and social processes.
- There is a wide range of elective courses and specialisation in mathematical modelling and process optimisation in economics, management, logistics, application of state-of-the-art IT solutions and specialised systems.
- There is a unique opportunity to access up-to-date scientific databases on mathematical modelling in economics and electronic journals from the world's leading publishers.
- Students study the development of mathematical tools and information support tools for economic activities.
- Students study the development of tools for digitalisation of economic and business decision-making processes.
- There are opportunities for internships and practices in leading Russian companies and foreign universities.
- Forecasting methods
- Simulation modelling
- Game theory and its applications
- Analysis of the macro- and microeconomic situation
- Queuing systems
- Transportation models
- Logistics problems
- Statistical inventory management
- Traffic simulation
- The University of Jyväskylä (Finland)
- The Université de Montréal (Canada)
- The Indian Institute of Science (Bengaluru, India)
- The Berlin School of Economics and Law (Germany)
- IMT Atlantique (France)
- Universität Karlsruhe (Germany)
Graduates are capable of a wide range of research and teaching activities at research centres, R&D companies, universities, colleges and many other organisations.
- Dell EMC
- Digital Design
- Jet Brains
- Software architect
- IT testing engineer
- IT system technician
- IT project manager
- Software development manager
- Technical writer (expert in technical documentation for information technology)
- Systems analyst
- Information and communication system administrator
- Software engineer
- Application integration specialist
- Consultant in digital literacy development (digital curator)
- Specialist in research and development organisation and development
- R&D specialist
- Specialist in computer-aided manufacturing
- Teacher of professional training, vocational education, and lifelong professional education and training