Media Texts in Mass Communications
Level of education Master
Type of instruction Full-time
Duration 2 years
- Media Philosophy
- Contemporary Literary Stream and Mass Media Content
- Linguistic View of the Modern World
- Creative Writing
- Production and Producing of Podcasts
- Marketing Media Text
- Copyright Media and Blogging
- Fundamentals of Dramaturgy and Screenwriting
- Data Visualisation in the Design of Advertising and Journalistic Content
- Content Development and Promotion
- Art Criticism
- High-tech professional centres make it possible for students to master practical skills and regularly win in Russian and international professional competitions.
- The programme focuses on: the development of narrative journalism techniques; technologies of storytelling and effective text; and the study of solution strategies using the content of various tasks set by the media, state and public structures, and business.
- Graduates of the programme are able to: create full-fledged information products (texts, documents, screenplay outlines, multimedia content, creative concepts and other creative works) for various media; and analyse and do post-production of media content and digital products using modern technologies.
- Graduates of the programme have the skills to produce professional original content for social networks, blogs, messengers, hybrid media projects and its promotion on digital platforms.
- Project activities make it possible to master practical skills and develop research skills.
- Extensive contacts with Russian and foreign partners enable international exchanges.
- Professional activity sites include: a student training press centre; the 1st Line informational and educational portal; the Training newspaper; St Petersburg University Media Centre; and international competitions such as Mass Media Perspective and PolitPRpro.
- The Free University of Berlin (Germany)
- TU Dortmund University (Germany)
- Volda University College (Norway)
- Beijing International Studies University (China)
- Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań (Poland)
- George Mason University (USA)
- Analysis of the practice of leading Russian and foreign media communicators
- Analysis of the research results in this sphere, their interpretation, and forecast of their use in editorial practice
- Types of audiences in the new digital reality
- Modern media content for multimedia media
- Media text as a tool of business and policy
- Preventive examination of media texts
- Semiotics of media texts
- Outlook study of creative solutions to strategic objectives
- Development of the professional journalistic environment
- Copyright media and blogging in a modern media system
- Stages of developing a creative and original media product
- Organisation of promotion in the media market
- Performance evaluation of information, communication and technology platforms
- Professional and creative aspects of journalism in the appropriate field
- Current trends in the global media industry
- Conceptual approaches to content marketing
- Patterns and mechanisms of text impact on the consumer
- Perceptual psychology of modern media texts
- Digital media technologies and convergent media products
- Mechanisms for effective professional communication
- Methods of content adaptation for various online platforms
- Technologies of modern media production
- Narrative forms of media works
- Social activism in the media text
- Storytelling technologies for solving different issues
- Technologies for creating effective texts
- Data visualisation in the design of advertising and journalistic content
- Media ethics and security in the digital environment
Graduates can work in the field of media communications in: various types of media; brand media; press centres; press services; PR and advertising departments; communication agencies; the interactive content industry; and social marketing. They are also ready for research and teaching activities in the field of mass communications in educational institutions with a certain area of expertise. Additionally, graduates will be able to create professional copyright media content for: social networks; blogs; instant messengers; hybrid media projects; and other digital media platforms and forms of non-personal communication.