38.03.02 In english and russian
Level of education Bachelor
Type of instruction Full-time
Duration 4 years
- The programme is suitable for those who want to: build a career in various departments (marketing, finance, HR, logistics, IT) of Russian and international companies; start their own business or work in a start-up; and build a career as a researcher in Russia and/or abroad
- In the first two years, the programme provides fundamental training of a classical university education. From the third year of their studies, students will major in their chosen field
- This is ensured through a system of free choice that provides students with an opportunity to choose an individual set of courses in different functional areas of management, entrepreneurship, research, and digital skills
- Business History
- Business Communications
- Human Resource Management
- International Economics
- Financial Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Management Accounting
- Strategic Management
- Quantitative Methods for Decision Making
- Management Ethics
- Financial Accounting and Analysis
- Business Analytics
- Project Management
- Business Process Management
- International Business Strategies
- As part of the programme, students can choose academic courses and build up their individual portfolio of courses, focusing on:
- different functional areas of management;
- entrepreneurship and self-employment;
- a career as a researcher and analyst.
- The advantages of the bachelor’s programme ‘Management’:
- The programme is a synthesis of St Petersburg University classical educational traditions and a cutting-edge approach to business education.
- The teaching staff is unique and consists of: lecturers with teaching experience in leading Russian and foreign business schools; and business practitioners.
- Advanced educational technologies and techniques are used. These include project-based learning, a combination of individual and team work, and extensive use of case studies.
- Various information and communication technologies are actively used in the teaching and learning process: a hybrid format that combines on-campus and online classes; and digital learning environment.
- Students can take part in professional contests and case championships organised by the Graduate School of Management at St Petersburg University and partner companies such as L’Oréal, Unilever and others.
- Students develop their language competencies and study in a cross-cultural environment due to a bilingual delivery mode: the programme is taught in Russian and English.
- There is an opportunity to have exchange education at one of the leading business schools in Europe, Asia, and North and South America.
- There is a variety of formats for practical training and internships: internships at top Russian and international companies, small and medium-sized businesses, and public sector organisations; a possibility to create their own start-up project; and participation in joint university-business projects (e.g. 5G_DREAM_LAB).
- Students and graduates are supported in their professional development through: regular joint activities with partner companies; the work of the Career Centre; support from the Alumni Association; coaching; and mentoring.
- Management students requiring accommodation are housed in a new, modern complex of halls of residence in the Mikhailovskaya Dacha Campus.
There are around 90 partners in Europe, Asia, North America and Latin America, including:
- The University of Queensland (Australia)
- ESADE Business School, Ramon Llull University (Spain)
- The Vienna University of Economics and Business (Austria)
- Trinity College, the University of Dublin (Ireland)
- Bocconi University (Italy)
- The University of St. Gallen (Switzerland)
- The Stockholm School of Economics (Sweden)
- The Darla Moore School of Business, the University of South Carolina (the USA)
- Erasmus University Rotterdam (the Netherlands)
- McGill University (Canada)
- National University of Singapore
- Warwick Business School, the University of Warwick (Great Britain)
Employees and heads of financial services, departments of investor services, insurance companies, banks and other financial institutions
- Employees and heads of marketing, sales, advertising, and public relations services
- Employees and heads of services in charge of the development and implementation of IT solutions for management, corporate information systems, technological innovation
- Employees and heads of logistics services, transport and logistics companies
- Employees and heads of HR services and other personnel management units
The programme is internationally accredited by the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) as part of the institutional accreditation of the Graduate School of Management, the Certificate dated 16 November 2021.