47.03.03 In english and russian
Level of education Bachelor
Type of instruction Full-time
Duration 4 years
- The bachelor’s programme ‘Religious Studies’ uses an interdisciplinary approach and is designed to train experts in religious studies
- Graduates acquire: fundamental knowledge in religious studies; fundamental theories and methods of research and project activities; and the teaching skills necessary for the implementation of the educational process based on modern methods and educational technologies
- The programme is interdisciplinary and is a complex synthesis of various humanities and social sciences (philology, sociology, anthropology, history, psychology and philosophy), natural sciences and computer science
- Anthropology of Religion
- History of Religions
- History of Freethinking and Atheism
- Psychology of Religion
- Freedom of Conscience
- Sociology of Religion
- Phenomenology of Religion
- Philosophy of Religion
- History of Philosophy
- Esoteric Theories of Religion
- St Petersburg University is one of the largest centres in Russia for the study of religion and religious organisations with unique teaching staff.
- Students master sociological and anthropological methods of studying religionism.
- Graduates are able to understand the nature and specific features of modern religious studies problems.
- Students have the opportunity to take part in academic mobility programmes and successfully continue their academic career at the most prestigious universities in the world.
- Graduates are highly demanded in the labour market in various fields of activity. They can work in: state, public and commercial organisations; educational institutions and scientific institutes (including the State Museum of the History of Religion); government bodies; museums; mass media; tourism; and advertising.
- Belarusian State University (the Republic of Belarus)
- Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg (Germany)
- University of Passau (Germany)
- University of Southern Denmark, the Faculty of Humanities (Denmark)
- Tianjin Normal University (China)
- Hiroshima City University (Japan)
- The State Museum of the History of Religion
- St Petersburg Classical Gymnasium No 610
- Museum custodian