09.03.04 In english and russian
Level of education Bachelor
Type of instruction Full-time
Duration 4 years
The academic programme is designed to train world-class personnel who are not only key players in the digital economy, but also its drivers. At a time when new technologies and challenges emerge on a daily basis, training specialists with critical thinking and who do not shrink from a lack of ready-made solutions is a modern and timely response to the challenges of the third industrial revolution.
The academic programme offers great opportunities for students to experience the rich humanitarian and natural science heritage of mankind and engage with it. The culture of reasoning, choice and justification is one of the cornerstones of this academic programme.
For employers, graduates of the Software Engineering programme are always a valuable asset to the workforce. This is because they are able to quickly understand: the company structure; its global goals and daily objectives; the organisational and technological decisions made; and the team dynamics. They therefore begin to make a visible contribution to the common cause in a short period of time.
- Fundamentals of Programming
- Group Dynamics and Communications
- Life Safety
- Foreign Language
- Digital Culture
- Architecture of Computational Systems
- Algorithms and Complexity
- History of Russia
- Engineering Economics
- Introduction to Software Engineering
- Algorithms and Data Structures
- Probability Theory and Mathematical Statistics
- Mathematical Analysis
- Computer Workshop
- Discrete Mathematics
- Functional Programming
- Computational Mathematics
- Operating Systems
- The outstanding team of teachers and researchers provides training in almost all areas of modern computer science and information technology.
- The existing scholarly traditions make it possible for students to be deeply involved in research work directly within the University.
- The programme is unique in that it provides a balance of mathematical and technical disciplines. There is a large choice of special courses from the history of computer technology to model theory. In contrast to theoretical directions, software engineering is developing together with applied tasks. These are posed not only in computer science but also in other sciences. This makes it possible for software engineering not to become a ‘thing in itself’, but to provide for the urgent needs of many other areas. This makes software engineering interdisciplinary by nature.
Practical training takes place at St Petersburg University centres.
The programme is designed to train highly qualified specialists who are able to successfully solve theoretical and practical problems in the field of software production for information and computing systems for various purposes, related to
- the development and use of mathematical tools of information systems;
- the development of software and methods for administering information systems and networks, including global ones;
- the development of software for computer equipment and automated systems;
- the use of computer technology, as well as the development of new areas and methods of application of computer technology and automated systems in information systems and networks.
- Software architect
- Database administrator
- Information systems specialist
- IT project manager
- QA engineer
- Software development manager
- Technical writer (specialist in IT technical documentation)
- Systems analyst
- Support technician for information and communication systems
- Systems programmer
- The programme has been professionally accredited by the Association for Engineering Education of Russia (AEER), Certificate No 0523 dated 16 December 2020.
- The programme is internationally accredited by the European Network for Accreditation of Engineering Education (ENAEE), Certificate No RU-000482 dated 16 December 2020.