Civil Law, Family Law
40.04.01 In english and russian
Level of education Master
Type of instruction Full-time
Duration 2 years
- The master’s programme "Civil Law, Family Law" combines: fundamental theoretical training in the field of civil law; an in-depth understanding of the principles and norms of civil law; and the acquisition of practical skills in interpreting legal norms and civil enforcement in specific situations. An applied approach to the training focuses on solving practical problems. It makes it possible to train experts in comprehensive legal support for entrepreneurial and other economic activities. The teaching staff use advanced teaching methods including information technology, case studies, role plays, and business games
- The degree programme "Civil Law, Family Law" is designed to train competitive experts who are much-in-demand in the Russian and foreign labour markets. They are capable of applying: legal provisions of civil law in practice; and legal doctrines that are studied as part of this academic programme and ensure the compliance with Russian State policy measures to create the necessary conditions for the development of the digital economy of the Russian Federation
- Graduates of the programme may be in demand by: direct participants in economic relations; specialised legal consultancy companies; law firms; and all those interested in specialists in civil law
- Legal Transactions
- General Theory of Obligations 1
- General Theory of Obligations 2
- Legal Regulation of Credit and Settlement Relations
- Current Issues in Family Law
- Inheritance Law
- The master's programme "Civil Law, Family Law" provides: fundamental theoretical training in the field of civil law; an in-depth understanding of the principles and norms of civil law; and the acquisition of practical skills in interpreting legal norms and civil enforcement in specific situations
- An applied approach to the training focuses on solving practical problems. This makes it possible to train specialists in the field of comprehensive legal support for entrepreneurial and other economic activities
- The programme is implemented in cooperation with the Notary Chamber of St Petersburg. The academic staff uses cutting-edge teaching methods such as: information technology; case studies; role-playing; and business games
- The academic programme has been designed taking into account the views of employers on the correlation of graduates’ competencies and job functions in their professional activities
- Protection of business reputation
- Modification of obligations
- Problems of joint disposition of exclusive rights to works, inventions, utility models and industrial designs
- Separation of tort and contractual liability
Master’s students have an opportunity to take advantage of St Petersburg University’s extensive international links.
The programme is aimed at training competitive specialists who are in demand at the Russian and international labour markets. They are capable of applying civil law regulations, have in-depth knowledge of the legal institutions, which ensure implementation of Russia's state policy measures to create a favourable environment for digital economy development.
The graduates are trained for public service, judicial activity and advocacy; they can also work as corporate lawyers, provide legal support to businesses, human rights protectors, academic and research workers.
The programme has been internationally accredited by the Foundation for International Business Administration Accreditation (FIBAA) as part of the institutional accreditation of the Faculty of Law, the Certificate dated 26 February 2021.