Foreign Languages and Translation in the Media
Level of education Master
Type of instruction Full-time
Duration 2 years
- Media Discourse: Methodological Fundamentals
- Media Text as a Product on Global Information Market
- Strategic Communications in International Relations, Politics and Business
- Business Communication in English in Intercultural Aspect
- Teaching Techniques in English for Specific Purposes
- Theoretical Basics of Translating and Interpreting
- Cultural and Genre Characteristics of English Media Discourse: A Comparative Study of Electronic and Print Media
- Media Text Translation
- Consecutive Interpreting in Media Communication
- Simultaneous Interpreting in Media Communication
- The master's programme ‘Foreign Languages and Translation in the Media’ is a unique master’s programme in higher education in Russia.
- The master's programme is designed to train much-in-demand experts who: successfully combine the skills of a linguist-translator/interpreter and an international journalist in their activities; feel familiar in the news agenda; are able to analyse political, social and economic, and cultural processes taking place in Russia and throughout the world; are capable of generating modern media texts of different types, taking into account the cultural aspects of the events covered, the requirements of diplomatic protocol and business etiquette; and are able to teach media disciplines in foreign languages.