Geographical Information Mapping
05.04.03 In russian
Level of education Master
Type of instruction Full-time
Duration 2 years
- Geographical Information Mapping
- Spatial Databases
- Satellite Remote Sensing
- Project Management and Organisation of Research in Cartography and Geoinformatics
- Legal and Normative-Technical Base of Geodesy, Cartography, and Geoinformatics
- History and Methodology of Geodesy, Cartography, and Geoinformatics
- Current Issues in Geodesy, Cartography, and Geoinformatics
- Management and Marketing in Cartography and Geoinformatics
- Specialised Geographical Information Systems
- Automation of Calculations for Spatial Data Processing
- Modern Technologies for General Geographical Mapping
- Modern Technologies for Thematic Mapping
- Drone-Based Mapping
- Modern Methods of Geodesy
- End-to-End Digital Technologies in Cartography and Geoinformatics
- This academically-oriented programme prepares students for research, design and production, organisational and managerial activities in the development and circulation of digital spatial information.
- St Petersburg University is one of the few universities in the Russian Federation and the only university in the Northwestern District, where there is a master's programme in cartography and geoinformatics.
- The programme is implemented taking into account present-day professional standards. It combines the traditions of classical university education with modern educational technologies. Students acquire modern skill sets in cartography and geoinformatics.
- Students have an opportunity to build their individual educational paths through: the choice of research topics; elective courses; and online courses. This makes it possible to: receive advanced training in one of the areas of modern cartography and geoinformatics; and acquire interdisciplinary competencies.
- The programme is especially relevant in connection with the implementation of the Strategy for the Development of the Information Society in the Russian Federation for 2020–2030.
- The programme has its Council which includes reputable experts from industryspecific institutions and organisations. The Council has expert functions and makes a significant contribution to improving the quality of education.
- The programme maintains close ties with industry-specific institutions and organisations. This makes it possible to introduce advanced achievements in cartography and geoinformatics into the educational process.
- Геоинформационное картографирование
- Базы пространственных данных
- Спутниковое дистанционное зондирование
- Управление проектами и организация исследований в области картографии и геоинформатики
- Правовая и нормативно-техническая база геодезии, картографии и геоинформатики
- История и методология геодезии, картографии и геоинформатики
- Современные проблемы геодезии, картографии и геоинформатики
- Менеджмент и маркетинг в картографии и геоинформатики
Students are provided with an opportunity to take part in student exchange programmes within the framework of international agreements of St Petersburg University and international academic mobility programmes at partner universities.
- Monitoring and analysis of the processes of nature and society using geographical information systems and Earth remote sensing data
- Map and atlas compilation using modern geographical information tools and technologies for processing spatial information
- Geodetic monitoring methods
- Application of unmanned aerial vehicles and surface laser scanning for obtaining spatial information
- History of geodetic, cartographical and geographical information activities