40.04.01 In english and russian
Level of education Master
Type of instruction Full-time
Duration 2 years
- The master’s programme "Real-estate Lawyer" combines: fundamental theoretical comprehensive training in the field of civil law, tax law, land law, and urban planning law that regulate relations in the field of real estate turnover; training in an in-depth understanding of the principles and rules of the relevant institutions; and acquisition of practical skills of interpretation of legal norms and application of legislation in specific situations. An applied approach to the training focuses on solving practical problems. It makes it possible to train experts in comprehensive legal support for entrepreneurial and other economic activities. The teaching staff use advanced teaching methods including information technology, case studies, role plays, and business games
- The degree programme "Real-estate Lawyer" is designed to train experts who are much-in-demand and competitive on the Russian and international labour markets. Graduates of the programme are able to apply in practice the legal provisions on real estate turnover. They have skills in the practical application of the legal institutions studied as part of this academic programme
- Graduates of the programme may be in demand by: direct participants in economic relations; government agencies; specialised legal consultancy companies; law firms; and all those interested in specialists who understand the issues of real estate turnover and restrictions on the use of real estate objects
- Real Estate as an Object of Civil Rights
- Real Estate Development and City Planning Legislation
- Title to Real Estate (Cadastral Register, Real Estate Property Registry) and Latin Notary System.
- Real Estate Contracts
- Real Estate and Legal Protection of Cultural Heritage Sites
- Real Estate Tax
- Judicial Remedies for Real Estate Market Participants
- Land Law and Restrictions on Land Ownership
- Issues of State Cadastral Valuation of Real Estate
- The master's programme ‘Real-estate Lawyer’ has fundamental theoretical training based on the latest research in the theory of civil, tax, land, urban planning law and civil proceedings. This is combined with knowledge of legal precedents in the current legislation in the relevant sectors
- An applied approach to the training focuses on solving practical problems. It makes it possible to develop entrepreneurial support skills. The requirements are taken into account of all the above branches of legislation and methods for assessing the risks of entrepreneurial activities in the field of real estate turnover. The academic staff uses cutting-edge teaching methods such as: information technology; case studies; role-playing; and business games
- The training is focused on the analysis of law enforcement practice in order to develop various options for solving challenges of applying the law
- The academic programme has been designed taking into account the views of employers on the correlation of graduates’ competencies and job functions in their professional activities
- Analysis of various doctrinal approaches to the definition of real estate
- The correlation of restrictions on turnover and restrictions on the use of real estate
- The limits of influence of public law on real estate turnover
- Proprietary rights of possession, use and disposal, and rights and obligations to use real estate
Master’s students have an opportunity to take advantage of St Petersburg University’s extensive international links in their studies.
The programme is designed to train specialists with the necessary skills and competencies for the professional activities of a real-estate lawyer. They will be competitive in Russian and international labour markets.
Graduates of the programme are capable of: applying their knowledge and skills in practice; providing advice; and representing the interests of participants in arbitration, administrative, and criminal proceedings in cases related to the application of legislation in the field of real estate turnover.
Organisations where our graduates work
- Government of St Petersburg
- St Petersburg Notary Chamber
- St Petersburg Chamber of Lawyers
- “Vodokanal of St. Petersburg”
- “Centre for Construction Auditing and Support”
The programme has been internationally accredited by the Foundation for International Business Administration Accreditation (FIBAA) as part of the institutional accreditation of the Faculty of Law, the Certificate dated 26 February 2021.