Theory of Teaching Foreign Languages and Intercultural Communication
Level of education Master
Type of instruction Full-time
Duration 2 years
- Theory of Teaching Foreign Languages
- Comparative Linguoculturology
- History of Methods of Teaching Foreign Languages
- Art History (in English) in the Context of Teaching Foreign Languages
- Second Foreign Language (German, Spanish, French, Italian, Russian as a Foreign Language)
- Linguodidactic Fundamentals of Testing
- Methods of Teaching Foreign Languages for Special Purposes and Intercultural Communication
- Digital Technology in Teaching Foreign Languages
- Psychology of Development
- Psychology of Teaching Foreign Languages
- History of Linguistics and Methods of Linguistic Research
- The programme prepares highly qualified theoretically trained specialists in the field of teaching foreign languages and learning process design at all levels;
- Preschool and school language education;
- Higher professional language education;
- Additional education at language courses and language education in the system of business English corporate training;
- The specialists who graduate from the programme obtain knowledge and experience to: conduct scientific research in the field of the theory of teaching foreign languages and intercultural communication; participate in scientific conferences of their speciality; and publish in scientific journals in Russian and English;
- The Council of the programme consists of experts from the USA, the UK, Denmark, and Serbia. The membership of the board includes: editors of the English-language journals on the problems in the theory of teaching foreign languages; representatives of the professional association of teachers of foreign languages SPELTA; and corporate representatives.
The training includes pedagogical and research practices during which the students obtain necessary skills in practical professional activities.
The graduates from the programme are able to carry out both teaching and research activities in the field of teaching foreign languages. They can perform as executives in private and public educational institutions, as counsellors, and as experts in the field of language education.