Russia in Wars and Social Conflicts
46.04.01 In russian
Level of education Master
Type of instruction Full-time
Duration 2 years
- The academic programme ‘Russia in Wars and Social Conflicts’ is designed to train experts in history and related social and humanitarian sciences who are able to: describe the theoretical and methodological background of the political process; and advance reasoned hypotheses about the causes of military and social conflicts, their multivariate development and resolution.
- The issues in source studies and historiography are an integral part of the programme.
- The programme is unique in that it combines a traditional approach to training historians and innovations driven by the challenges of our time.
- Graduates will have the professional competencies necessary for: further research; expert activities; formulating socially-oriented policies; and taking measures to counter political radicalism and extremism.
- Military Historical Anthropology
- The State and the Army in the 19th – 20th Centuries
- Communicative Space of War: Propaganda and Public Attitudes
- Mythology of Wars and Revolutions in the 20th Century
- Terrorism and the Fight Against It in the History of Russia
- Russian Military Emigration
- History of the Russian Navy
- Leningrad in the Great Patriotic War
- History of Wars and Military Art in the 10th – 16th Centuries
- History of Wars and Military Art in the 18th – 19th Centuries
- The academic programme is designed to train specialists who are able to: identify the causes and prerequisites of military and social conflicts; analyse the political, economic and social factors of their origin; and carry out a predictive valuation of the development of society in the context of social differences.
- In the field of personal education, the programme is designed to equip students with the skills and competencies that foster: morality; patriotism; the development of general cultural needs; social adaptation; communicativeness; commitment to success; and the desire and readiness to apply knowledge, and hard and soft skills for achieving success in the chosen field.
- After the training, graduates will be able to carry out research, educational, organisational and managerial, social and political, and expert activities.
Main areas of research
- The military history of Russia / the USSR
- History of the Russian revolution
- History of the communicative space of wars
- History of everyday life
- History of political parties and movements
- History of the Russian orthodox church
- History of government agencies
- Educator in the field of preschool, primary general, compulsory, and secondary general education
- Educator in cultural and educational centres
- Specialist in historical, cultural and experiential tourism
- Museum worker
- Archive and library worker
- A specialist in organisational and document support for corporate management
- Media worker