58.03.01 In english and russian
Level of education Bachelor
Type of instruction Full-time
Duration 4 years
The bachelor’s programme "Arab History" is aimed at developing in students a holistic understanding of the political, economic, social, cultural, civilisational, ethnic, confessional, and other features of Arab countries. Students also study in depth the classical Arabic language, one of its modern dialects, and one or more European languages.
This academic programme is aimed at applicants who want to build a successful career in: various Russian and international institutions; divisions of Russian and international companies and institutions; state authorities; and administrative institutions.
- Introduction to Arab History
- German / French / English for Asian and African Studies
- Major Issues in the History of Western Civilisation (Ancient and Medieval Periods)
- Major Issues in the History of Western Civilisation (Modern and Contemporary Periods)
- Asian and African Religions
- History of Asian and African Countries (Ancient Middle East)
- History of Asian and African Countries (Ancient Far East)
- Introduction to Asian and African Studies
- Geography of Arab Countries
- History of Asian and African Countries
- Ethnography and Culture of Arab Countries
- History of Arab Countries
- Islam in Sudan
The programme trains specialists with the requisite professional skills, including cultural and linguistic ones corresponding to their major. Graduates are ready to conduct research, teaching, and organisational and managerial activities in the field of Asian and African studies.