Biology: Bioengineering Technologies
06.03.01 In russian
Level of education Bachelor
Type of instruction Full-time
Duration 4 years
The programme provides both fundamental general biological training and in-depth knowledge and practical skills in the areas of biology that are necessary for work in bioengineering, biotechnology, biomedicine, pharmacology, and others.
Such training is provided by: disciplines covering the issues of biodiversity and the functioning of living systems at different levels of their organisation; and a set of courses in molecular genetics, genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolomics, genetic and cellular engineering, genetic technologies in medicine and others.
The programme focuses on: mathematics; physics; chemistry; computational biology; and bioinformatics.
To do research and project work at the highest level of St Petersburg University, students are provided with unique opportunities: the University Research Park; copious information resources; as well as communication with leading scientists and experts from Russia and abroad. Students are also able to carry out research at partner organisations.
- Automation and Optimisation of Biotechnological Processes
- Anatomy, Physiology and Histology
- Cell Biology
- Developmental Biology
- Genetic Technologies in Medicine
- Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology
- Genome Mapping and Sequencing
- Fundamentals of Pharmaceutical Development
- Programming and Software Design
- Hybrid Protein Technology
- Tissular and Cellular Engineering
- The programme provides both fundamental general biological training and in-depth knowledge and practical skills in the areas of biology that are necessary for work in bioengineering, biotechnology, biomedicine, pharmacology and others
- Graduates of the academic programme can continue their studies in master’s or doctoral programmes in biotechnology and biomedicine at Russian and foreign universities
- St Petersburg University
- Leading companies of St Petersburg, including BIOCAD
- Teacher (teaching activity in pre-school, primary general, basic general, secondary general education)
- Teacher of additional education for children and adults
- Industrial pharmacy specialist in pharmaceutical research
- Software developer
- Patent specialist
- Specialist in R&D organisation and management