Level of education Bachelor
Type of instruction Full-time
Duration 4 years
Courses in mathematics
- Mathematical Analysis
- Functional Analysis
- Geometry and Topology
- Fundamentals of Naive Set Theory
- Discrete Relativity Theory
- Differential Equations and Dynamical Systems
- Mathematical Fundamentals of Algorithms
- Probability Theory
- Numerical Methods
- Fourier Analysis
Courses in programming
- Theoretical Computer Science
- Fundamentals of Programming
- Architecture of Computer Systems
- Digital Culture
- Language of Effective Communication
- Parallel Computing
- Machine Learning
- Data Analysis
- Prominent lecturers – active scientists or employees of large IT companies who put their knowledge into practice.
- Profound technology courses taught by engineers from large IT companies. In programming courses there will be a code review: an experienced developer will help students find errors and defects in the code, and will explain how to correct them. Machine learning courses involve data analysis competitions.
- In-depth mathematical courses – the programme is designed by the team of the Chebyshev Laboratory. In junior courses, some lectures are general and delivered with students from the ‘Mathematics’ programme. This means that students receive a fundamental education in all areas of modern mathematics.
- Research work – students of the programme are involved in fundamental or applied research; and take part in different conferences. The University sponsors trips to international conferences.
- Competitions – students can choose which trainings and classes to attend: training in machine learning; classes in Olympiad programming; or classes in mathematics.
- Scholarships of up to 15,000 roubles from Yandex to the best students.
Almost all the lecturers of the programme have academic networks in many universities throughout the world and they are actively involved in international scientific life. This opens up ample opportunities for students to gain international experience.